Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Journal Entries

Getting back on the trail to finish up what has been an everyday obsession for me since I got off the trail a few years ago, mainly due to Lyme Disease.
    So come July 2016, after a week or two in Isalmorada, Florida Keys, when I'm all fished out, I am jumping on at Greenwood Lake in New York State, where I left off, and a 'heading for Katahdin!
    And yes, I sure wish it was this year!
    And I look forward to extended journeys through the woods.
    See you along the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by naturlred View Post
    Everyone is young. Are there any middle ages ladies attempting to section hike in 2016? Just curious!!
    Yes, I'm planning on section starting in GA September 2015 and a longer section in spring of 2016.

I am going to be out there! I am thinking of a late Feb or early March start for NOBO.

Planning a section from the NOC through the Smokies mid April to Early May in 2016.. Springer to NOC this Sept./Oct... I can't wait.

My girlfriend and I are doing a flip flop in 2016 starting from HF and heading North to Katahdin and then returning to HF and heading South to Springer. Starting in late April.

I'm planning a half-thru from Springer to Harper's Ferry in late April or early May of '16. Hope to see you all out there!

I'm still on track for early 2016. From some of the notes I have read, I am leaning more toward starting at the end of Feb. I don't have to worry about a bear canister (will just hang the food) as they are not Mandatory at that time and I will beat what sounds like a grunge of people. Only down side is the weather will have to support. Even if it does, I expect to be cooollldddd.

Journal Entries

Since I had to cancel this year's thru hike plans, I rescheduling for about 3/1/2016. Hopefully, my health will be good along with my attitude. See y'all on the trail.

I am! April 7th or 14th start date, NOBO!

Yep, I'm planning on heading out very early March, or late in Feb. Not planning on doing the approach trail, since I live in the area and have already hiked it several times. I live in the town that Springer is in, so if anybody needs a ride to Springer around that time, holler at me!

I posted on this thread earlier saying that I have a May start date, but my plans have changed and I am now hoping to start my NOBO thru hike on March 1, 2016.

NOBO March 2016

I am planning on SOBO May 2016 (:

Team Pancho, that's my game plan as well. Looking to maybe hook up with a few people for this. Maybe we can swap emails, chat, and see if at least starting together might work? Thoughts?

Images

It's finally official: Mountain Squid put it up: http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/show...highlight=2016
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Ditto to what Abatis1948 posted....I will be 60, freshly retired, and this is my present to myself. The flip-flop seems to be the best option for me.

Quote Originally Posted by lac3300 View Post
    Team Pancho, that's my game plan as well. Looking to maybe hook up with a few people for this. Maybe we can swap emails, chat, and see if at least starting together might work? Thoughts?
    I'm game.....how do we go about doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by clover16 View Post
    I'm game.....how do we go about doing this?
    Want to start by email? Maybe we can get to all know each other a bit? Shoot me a reply on email [email protected]!

Sent from my N9515 using Tapatalk

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KrissyLeigh View Post
    Hi! I will be Alternative Hiking starting at Harpers Ferry April 1st and Heading North. Hopefully I'll run into some early NOBO hikers. Any one else starting at HP and going NOBO around April?
    You'll probably be ahead of me.....I'm hoping to finish up , from New York State northwards but not until mid July. Already counting the weeks until I can return to the woods....

Quote Originally Posted by Jake2c View Post
    I'm still on track for early 2016. From some of the notes I have read, I am leaning more toward starting at the end of Feb. I don't have to worry about a bear canister (will just hang the food) as they are not Mandatory at that time and I will beat what sounds like a grunge of people. Only down side is the weather will have to support. Even if it does, I expect to be cooollldddd.
    The only place that I am aware of a bear canister requirement is from Jarrad Gap to Neel's gap and that is only if you are camping. Most just hike through that section (about 5 miles) and the bear canister isn't an issue. I've seen no mention of any other canister requirement in any of the many YouTube videos I've watched.

Where else is a bear canister required on the AT?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
++ New Posts ++