Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by georgiamountainwoman View Post
    I would very much like to thru hike in 2016, but need to raise the funds to do it. I spent 6 1/2 months making this quilt. It has 2,024 two-inch squares, each individually hand quilted. If you know of anybody who might be interested in purchasing it, I would be grateful for your referal. It is on display at a library right now for $4500.Attachment 33142
    I'm a quilter myself. Good luck with selling that quilt, however, unless you are quite well known in the Quilting community, with highly sought after art pieces, you might want to come down on that price. Just saying. Good luck with the hike.

I used to quilt and have to agree....it's pretty and the level of detail is awesome but rarely does anyone spend 4500 on anything like a quilt these days....

I do wish you luck in selling the quilt....for your sake of taking the hIke as I always hope everyone can fulfill their dreams. Have you considered setting up a go fund me page offering the quilt to the person who donates the biggest amount of money?
    Can that be done? Sorry if I am off base here, but I have no idea how those pages work....but you hear of people getting what they want on it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondlil View Post
    I'm a quilter myself. Good luck with selling that quilt, however, unless you are quite well known in the Quilting community, with highly sought after art pieces, you might want to come down on that price. Just saying. Good luck with the hike.

Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
++ New Posts ++