WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I plan to order something from Luke before I leave in March. I'm fully stocked and don't need to, but I'd like a beanie with his logo on it.

I also plan to stay at Standing Bear, Curt sounds like my kind of guy.

Both of these choices were made by lurking, watching, and searching threads on WhiteBlaze.

I've also been able put names (and faces with a little FB effort) on at least three people that I may have to cross paths with on the trail as I attempt my thru hike this season. I've been able to set them to ignore here, and I'll be able to discreetly avoid them on trail.

I feel fair warned, I like that. Whiteblaze seems to be good at providing this sort of stuff.

There is a lot more positive comments and satisfied folks than dissatisfied / negative regarding lul gear. At least that is what I have read and heard first hand. I will be ordering from lul and I'll be sure to post my personal experience since this seems to be a hot topic.

Quote Originally Posted by TNhiker View Post
    thats the way i see it as well......

and me thinks whatever happens, connie wont be happy.......
    There you go! That is at least part of the problem. A "100% Satifaction Guarantee" is not a sensible guarantee for a business. A "product guarantee" or a "money-back" guarantee maybe but not "satisfasction guarantee" Some folks cannot be satsfied by any business.

Quote Originally Posted by Seatbelt View Post
    There you go! That is at least part of the problem. A "100% Satifaction Guarantee" is not a sensible guarantee for a business. A "product guarantee" or a "money-back" guarantee maybe but not "satisfasction guarantee" Some folks cannot be satsfied by any business.
    Agreed. Were the guarantee a mission statement instead that stated "we strive for 100% customer satisfaction" or other similar verbiage, there would be less broad interpretation. If the vendor needs a restocking fee for any transaction it should be noted in a disclaimer up front or on the order form. My guess is from the dust up here, the vendor will likely modify their guarantee to one less broad and with some reasonable conditions. While some people may not ever be satisfied, full return of money on receipt of returned goods is usually the legal floor of a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee in anything I have ever dealt with and typically reduces customer complaints to minor levels if done quickly and quietly. A dissatisfied customer will tell between 9-15 people about their experience. Around 13% of dissatisfied customers tell more than 20 people (White House Office of Consumer Affairs). An interesting statistic we just saw play out.

Quote Originally Posted by Seatbelt View Post
    I could be wrong, but I believe the person in question who was not satisfied has stated she just wants her money back.

Quote Originally Posted by russb View Post
    I could be wrong, but I believe the person in question who was not satisfied has stated she just wants her money back.
    You're probably correct. I was not picking on her, just stating a fact that I have observed in business.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++