WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Australian hiker considering the CT

Hi,
    considering doing part of the CT sometime this year, would have 3 weeks available. Any trail angel help available in Denver, to advice me on shopping for hiking food, finding a place to stay and getting out to trail head?

Rodmy

Go to the Ct website http://www.coloradotrail.org/faq.html

Scroll down to Shuttle And E-mail for a list of Trail angles, shuttles.

If you plan on starting in Denver.

There is an hour long bus was 5$ into downtown denver, where a 20 minute walk takes you to a flagship REI. Another 20 minute walk takes you to the metro. Go to the end of the line Littleton. From there it is about 8 miles of paved trail to the Chatfield state park, trail is about 4 miles from there. I walked it , but I would take a taxi to the trailhead next time from littleton station. Depending on daylight plenty of time to walk up the waterton canyon to camping areas.

Images

Welcome! Holler when we get closer, I could help you out (take you to the Waterton trailhead) if you start on a Monday-Wednesday, we're usually out hiking or climbing somewhere Thursday-Sunday. All depends on the particular date.

But in about a month... heading to Australia! Can't wait to check it all out down there (and to warm up!)

Rodmy,

I am an Australian living in Conifer (near Denver and the trail) and will also be doing the CT this year. We will be doing it on horses and probable will start end of June early July. Send me a message and if we are around I would love to help out a fellow Aussie.

We are doing a two week stretch in late July, our first backpacking trip! We live in central Denver and would be happy to help you out! Send me a message as dates are closer and solidified.

Thank you for your kind offer, have to postpone the hike, until 2016

Thanks for all those kind offers to assist me in hiking the CT. Having postpone things until 2016. Please forgive my delayed response to your kindness

Rod, Melbourne Australia

++ New Posts ++