WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default FS: Granite Gear Vapor Trail Backpack

I'm selling a Granite Gear Vapor Trail backpack (2006 model) for $105. It is a 3600 cu.in. pack. It has an internal sleeve for a water bladder. It's in good condition. The only sign of wear is some minor scuffing on the bottom of the pack. I bought and added the removable right and left hipbelt pockets, shoulder pouch, and the pack lid which adds additional storage space. With all the added options, the weight is 43.4oz on my scale. I think it was about 35oz before I added everything and you can still remove the added options.

It was used about 20 days before I replaced it a year later with a lighter frameless pack. Pack was rated for up to 30 pounds. It carries loads up to the mid 20's very comfortably. I've carried up to 30 pounds in it for for short durations when carrying extra water to a dry camp. It handled weight decently well, though I'd recommend less for all day comfort. This use to be one of the more popular lightweight packs on long trails like the AT.

Shipping to the continental US is free and payment is by paypal.

Pack Size:
    Regular Size Torso (18"-21")
    Medium Size Hipbelt (30"-34")

Addtional Photos can be seen HERE

IMG_20150119_211906730.jpg

Does it have an internal frame?

The Vapor Trail doesn't have a real frame in the sense of metal stays or hoops. It uses a thick stiff pad with some thin plastic stays. It carries loads more comfortably then a frameless pack, but not necessarily as comfortable as a true framed pack like a ULA Circuit for heavier loads. It is a comfortable pack for the weight limits I mention in the first post. If you do a google search, you'll find a lot of information on the pack as it was pretty popular until Granite Gear did a redesign and called it something else.

Price drop to $90.

Default Sold

Pack is sold. Too bad it's been too long and I no longer can edit the opening post.

++ New Posts ++