WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default I'd like to buy your heavy internal frame pack: 60-70 liters

I'm looking at several packs, like the Osprey Aether and the Gregory Baltoro. Big, heavy packs, I know. I know that a lot of folks here are looking to downsize and find something lighter, so I figured I would see if anyone has one of those packs or something similar that they want to get rid of. I'm a medium for both the Osprey and the Gregory. 19 inch torso. Let me know if you have something in the 60 to 70 liter capacity range that can haul heavy loads!

Located in Colorado.

Section Hiker

Well, I have a Gregory Deva 60+ I can sell you. That's the women's version of the Baltoro.

"Your comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there.
    "

check your local craigslist
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Images

i have a gregory shasta or whitney (i forget which and its out in garage right now) that im willing to let go........

i bought it back in 2002 and its seem many nights but is in plenty good shape...........

Got a Deuter 65 ACT Lite I need to get rid of, used it for five days in the Rockies and haven't used it since.

I've got a Lowe alpine tfx 7 I believe that's 75+20 that weighs about 7.5 lbs if your interested.

Had a cube fiber pack yes they are light but I love the comfort of my Osprey Aether 70.

Journal Entries

I've got a Marmot Muir Backpack That was used exactly once for a 3 day trip & has been stored in a closet ever since. If you have an interest send me an e-mail at [email protected]

Here is a write up from Outside Magazine:

Marmot Muir l $250 l 4,500 c.i. l
    Whether you're a backpacker, cross-country skier, or mountaineer, this might be the best long-weekend pack around. The Muir's frame—a large HDPE panel with two aluminum stays in a V—achieves a near-perfect balance of flexibility and load-carrying rigidity that works equally well whether you're scrambling down trails or up couloirs. Nicely curved shoulder straps and a dual-density hipbelt ally for comfort with a broad back panel (which, made from closed-cell foam, is a bit sweaty in hot weather, even with the air channels). Despite the fact that the Muir (below right) has separate sleeping-bag access and five exterior pockets to keep a three- or four-day load organized, it's narrow enough not to interfere with skiing. The frame stays remove in seconds for personalized rebending; however, the shoulder harness is not adjustable for torso length, so make sure you get the right size pack (the hipbelt can be moved up and down, but that's not the optimum way to compensate).

Journal Entries

I have an Osprey Aether 85, weighs 1 oz more that the 70. Never used, $200. plus shipping, PM if interested.
    DeerPath

LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY
    IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY,
    BUT RATHER SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT,
    SHOUTING "HOLY CRAP....WHAT A RIDE!"

++ New Posts ++