WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Images

Default Prayers, Success Stories, No Bad Vibes!

So spunky, feisty, outspoken Mrs Baggins, she who never gets sick, has always (right or wrong) bragged about her robust health at age 59, is planning to backpack the Smokies in May, and walk the Camino de Santiago in September.....

I found out this past Friday that I have a "pelvic mass", most likely malignant, and probably ovarian. The ocologist thinks it's been there about 6 months. HEADS UP LADIES!!! My ONLY sign was that my belly button had suddenly gone rock hard. That was it. No weight loss, no bleeding, no swollen glands, nothing. I hadn't had a "well woman" check up in a few years but I've been told that even though I did schedule one for mid-February, odds are excellent that without the hardened belly button the mass would have gone undetected by a simple pap smear. While cervical cancer can be found that way, ovarian apparently can't be. The oncologist told me that it's "not the worst kind to happen" (really - because right now it seems like it is) and once it's removed I'll be in chemo 3 - 8 months. I told him about my plans to walk the Camino and he told me not to cancel them. Maybe he just wants to give me hope...even false hope. I don't know.

What I want from all of you is the power of prayer. And if you're not a prayer person you can still push all of the positive thoughts and vibes that you can muster my way. I'm not going to hide this nor hide behind it.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Our prayers are coming your way. I have a stepdaughter going through the same thing at 43 YO.
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

Images

Prayers sent your way Mrs. Baggins. I have prayed for your health and also that you complete your hikes. May God bless you.

Images

Prayers for you Mrs. Baggins. May God bless you and return you to excellent health.

Journal Entries

As a female of 55 years, I felt a twinge of fear reading your account. We will all die of something one day of course, but my plan is to live healthy and strong all the way to the ... whatever happens at the end. Nobody plans on getting sick, wasting away, becoming weak, feeling awful, losing mobility, losing independence, saying goodbye to the dreams we have for our years in retirement. When a person gets a bad diagnosis, it's an awful shock, and a terrible, hard thing to adjust to.
    I pray that your doctors are skilled, that treatment is effective, and that recovery is swift. May God bless you.

Best wishes coming your way! Always a bright side, This year I will be on the AT. Next Spring, after you beat this, we can hike the Smokies together and you can tell me all about the Camino!

I will join others in sending prayers and best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Prayers to you. You sound like a strong woman and you'll bounce back from this. My wife has been battling stage 4 breast cancer now since August 2008. She is strong willed like you. She lives life every day with gusto. God bless.

Images

Prayers and good vibes being sent your way . Keep strong with the faith.
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

Prayers for your quick recovery!

Prayers coming your way! Looking forward to hear your account of Camino de Santiago!!

Images

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

I hope the best for you!

Right on.

Sorry "Right on" was the signature,

You will be in my thought and prayers. Thanks again for the ride to Pen Mar my first of many section hikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Baggins View Post
    So spunky, feisty, outspoken Mrs Baggins, she who never gets sick, has always (right or wrong) bragged about her robust health at age 59, is planning to backpack the Smokies in May, and walk the Camino de Santiago in September.....

I found out this past Friday that I have a "pelvic mass", most likely malignant, and probably ovarian. The ocologist thinks it's been there about 6 months. HEADS UP LADIES!!! My ONLY sign was that my belly button had suddenly gone rock hard. That was it. No weight loss, no bleeding, no swollen glands, nothing. I hadn't had a "well woman" check up in a few years but I've been told that even though I did schedule one for mid-February, odds are excellent that without the hardened belly button the mass would have gone undetected by a simple pap smear. While cervical cancer can be found that way, ovarian apparently can't be. The oncologist told me that it's "not the worst kind to happen" (really - because right now it seems like it is) and once it's removed I'll be in chemo 3 - 8 months. I told him about my plans to walk the Camino and he told me not to cancel them. Maybe he just wants to give me hope...even false hope. I don't know.

What I want from all of you is the power of prayer. And if you're not a prayer person you can still push all of the positive thoughts and vibes that you can muster my way. I'm not going to hide this nor hide behind it.
    I spent two weeks in the hospital this past year because of a cancer scare. Thankfully for me it turned out to be something else but I know exactly the sort of feelings you must be going through.

My prayers are with you 100%. Stay tough toots!

Perhaps its just a fibroid mass or something like that. Perfectly harmless. Just remove it. Wishing you WELL.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Keep the faith, keep your chin up....prayers sent for you

Images

Happy to say a prayer for you, Mrs. Baggins! We still talk of your trail angelship, down here in Nashville.

Here's a photo of Tim and Mrs. B with us at the Old South Mountain Inn for Sunday brunch about 100' off the AT. A fun time!

Rain Man

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rain Man; 02-02-2015 at 11:24. Reason: added photo
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

I am sending you all the good thoughts and vibes I can, and pray that you will soon be on the road to recovery! Attitude has a lot to do with it, and you seem to have a super positive attitude. Blessings to you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++