Default Section hiking starting in may

I am looking for someone who would like to do Springer to Damascus starting in May. Hopefully, at least someone to start out with! I have done backpacking in the Smokies and a trip out west so have some experience. Just not sure about going solo! Anyone want to start in May?

Hi Amy! Do you have a start date in mind? I've been loosely planning to leave from Springer June 1 and hike for about a week - but I could leave a little earlier. Like you I'm not a novice but not tons of experience. I've done some section hiking over the past few years.

Hey Jebo,
    Yes, I will be starting May 3. I will be starting with a friend who is only going to hike a week. If that doesn't work for you, I will be hiking till the middle of June ending up in Damascus so maybe somewhere else along the route may.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy109 View Post
    Hey Jebo,
    Yes, I will be starting May 3. I will be starting with a friend who is only going to hike a week. If that doesn't work for you, I will be hiking till the middle of June ending up in Damascus so maybe somewhere else along the route may.

I can't get away that early in May. I don't think I'll be near Damascus in June this year, but I have done that section in June and it is wonderful. Have a great hike!

Hi Amy, I am 72, but hike well. Would like to meet up with you at Springer parking lot to hike thru to NC. I live in Blue Ridge, Ga just a few miles from Springer Mt. I started my hike this year on April 11, at Amicola Falls and made it to Springer Mt. Weather got real bad and I pulled out. It has been raining and windy ever since. Would love to meet you May 3rd if that is still your plan. Sharon

are you there...sent a reply yesterday and haven't heard back from you. really want to hike with ya'll.

I just got back from a backpack trip in SC so thats the delay in replying. Tell me what you would like to do. I have a friend who is starting with me on May 3rd but will leave on May 10th. I was hoping to find some people to hike with after she leaves. Would you have any interest in that or hiking longer?

Default Springer to NC

I would like to hike with you as long as possible. Are you still leaving from Springer on May 3rd. I live close by and could help with getting us to Springer for the start. Let me know.

Yes, we are leaving May 3rd. We are driving down from Nashville that day so will start late morning. We are not doing the approach trail but instead are starting from Springer Mt. We are planning to be at Dicks Creek by May 10th as my friend has arranged for a ride there to take her home. I am going on and would like to try for Damascus. You are welcome to join us.

Sharijo...I was wondering if you are still interested in joining us?

++ New Posts ++