WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    I got blisters between my toes...not sure if the toe socks would prevented
    This was my chronic problem before switching to Injinji toe socks. Not a single blister since. Give them a try.

Journal Entries

Bodyglide and properly sized boots. ..

I have started using toe socks due to a callus on the interior part of one toe, that becomes sore while on a hike. No issues on the one hike I went on since switching over.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup01 View Post
    Bodyglide and properly sized boots. ..
    I just bought some body glide to try.....I've only got blisters between my toes when feet stay wet...does the body glide prevent this when applied between toes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GAME 06

Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    I just bought some body glide to try.....I've only got blisters between my toes when feet stay wet...does the body glide prevent this when applied between toes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would be the plan. Another treatment that is often helpful is a nightly and morning dusting with Goldbond foot power (this is one of my favorites when I am in a situation where my feet are wet all day). Also one can use foot balm for restoring the moisture in the skin of the bottom of the foot if that is also an issue (I realize you did not mention that).

But keep in mind that something is 'causing' the blisters and the body glide is treating the symptoms not the cause. As you have time to experiment you need to determine what the cause is for you and try and eliminate it. It can be lots of things. The wrong size shoe as Butter mentioned (it could be too big and is allowing too much movement, or it could be too small and constricting the toes too much), the wrong socks for you (what is needed vary's widely amongst different people), not having your shoes tied correctly and thus the shoe is slipping around to much, and it can also be your biomechanics in how you walk (many people generate their problems due to their not having the 'ideal' mechanics (pay attention when you are walking - do you lift your toes inside your shoe when you walk?). The mechanics can be retrained if one is persistent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++