WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default sleeping pad advice

Nemo Astro Air, Thermarest Neoair X-lite or Exped Synmat UL 7. I am leaning toward the Exped. I am mainly a side sleeper and I want something very light that packs small. Thank you.

I've got this Nemo (http://www.nemoequipment.com/product...lated+Lite+20R) and am also a side sleeper. Packs down well, and while a little bit heftier in comparison, I've spent too many years sleeping on the ground to do so again by choice.

They're closing out the Xlites, coming out with a new model, I guess. Now is the time to get them at a discount (25% at REI). I'm standing pat, since I'm happy with my Neoair Trekker.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Butch_Lodi View Post
    They're closing out the Xlites, coming out with a new model, I guess. Now is the time to get them at a discount (25% at REI). I'm standing pat, since I'm happy with my Neoair Trekker.
    I am only able to find small, large and women's on sale, not the regular...

Last weekend I checked at my local REI, in Maplegrove, MN, and they had around 5 regulars. You may want to call REI and see if they can ship one from the store. I think the regular was selling for around $110.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch_Lodi View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on the discount! I just picked up a women's XLite which I've had my eye on for a while now.

So the Xlite is the way to go? Any other votes for the Nemo?

Happy w my xlite...need to send back as instructed as the Mylar flaking off inside....they said to send back for replacement. Thinking about trying the battery powered inflator to keep so much moisture out...I have large...lil bit a pain in the arse to inflate after long day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

++ New Posts ++