Default Looking for ~5-6 day WA loop / area in August

Hey all, I just booked a flight out to Seattle for August 22 - 29. My buddy and I are looking to car camp the night of 8/22 then hit the trail early 8/23. We want to be out through the night of Friday 8/28, then I'm flying out the evening of 8/29.

Neither of us is familiar with hiking in the area. At this point we just know we want to go somewhere possibly in the Cascades. I would love to hit part of the PCT.

Any recommendations for loops or out and backs along areas of the trail? We're open to anything. Looking for somewhere to park the car for that week too.

Thanks!
    --
    Vinny, Aspiring 2016 AT NOBO
    Shameless blog plug: http://appalachiantrials.com/author/vinny-tagliatela/

Mt Rainier northern loop.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

How many miles per day are you looking to do? That makes quite a difference in what would be right for you for a 6-day trip!

You might want to post this question on the NW Hikers site, http://www.nwhikers.net/forums/index.php
    Gadget
    PCT: 2008 NOBO, AT: 2010 NOBO, CDT: 2011 SOBO, PNT: 2014+2016

Snoqualamie Pass. Do the PCT, then loop back on the PCT alternate. Hang out at Goldmyer hotsprings. Reservations required.
    There are enough little trails and loops near there you have all sorts of options.

The Wonderland Trail (Mt Rainier National Park) is perhaps the most spectacular of the backcountry hikes you can do and only an hour or so away from Seattle. You will need camping permits there, but at this time of year they should be relatively easy to get, though their availability may dictate the section of the WT you take. The National Park Service site can direct you to the permit process. The WT has spectacular scenery regardless where you get on and off.

What Sasquatch said is what I had in mind too --- about 60+ mile loop if I recall correctly, with a modest road walk from the PCT trailhead at Snoqualmie to or from Alpental to connect it all together. Could drop down and stay at Spectacle Lake en route. But again, the number of miles you're inclined to do per day makes a big difference in planning a loop hike. And for me at least, a nice loop is definitely better than a there-and-back-again if you don't have a car shuttle option and can't or don't want to hitch.
    Gadget
    PCT: 2008 NOBO, AT: 2010 NOBO, CDT: 2011 SOBO, PNT: 2014+2016

++ New Posts ++