WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

the Whites will kill you in the middle of summer with the cold. I lived in ME, MA and NH my whole life until this past year. I have seen near freezing temps in the summer in the Whites. Okay, maybe it wasn't but I wouldn't have wanted to be without shelter. 3 years back, end of June, hard rain all day, cold night. Good thing I was tenting at a campground and someone had spare blankets for me because even though I was on a COT, and in my sleeping bag, it was FREEZING! If I had been hiking all day and been wet and sleeping on the ground without spare blankets I would most certainly have suffered hypothermia.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

PennyPencher,
    Now you know why hangers use under quilts and ground dwellers sleep on R 5 and up pads or air mattresses.

Wayne

Sent from somewhere around here.
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Maybe we could slightly modify the conversation from going tarp-less/tent-less to going without clothes? might be more interesting, but just not as stupid though.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
++ New Posts ++