WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Bartram Trail Section Hike

I plan to hike the Bartram Trail in sections this year. I plan to do the more established 112-115 mile trail from GA at Russell Bridge to Cheoah Bald.

My plan would be to do it as a series of out and back hikes to accomplish the trail NOBO and SOBO.

I know there are some re-routes planned/in the works, especially near the road walk to make the road walk shorter. I believe those are underway.

Has anyone hiked the Bartram Trail recently? Have information about these re-routes?

I generally do not hike with a map (my hiking experience has been limited to AT, Foothills trail, the Georgia BMT, and the Georgia Bartram Trail. I never felt the need, but given the reroutes and slightly less "continuous" nature of the Bartram Trail, I am thinking about getting both the guide and the map for NC. Does anyone have these? Are they helpful/worth it?

I've previously done Russell to Warwoman Dell and Reach Osage to Jones Gap so I know a little about the trail.

I have read rainmaker's trail guide and guide to the roadwalk. http://www.trailquest.net/BRbartram.html It is tremendously helpful. I also found a trail journal about a yoyo hike I believe they did. It appears they hiked it sometime ago and there likely are changed since.

I am sure I will have more questions as I get deeper into planning this.

If you have been on the trail recently, please share what you found. I promise I will do the same once I get ready to start this adventure.

I thru-hiked the Bartram in 2013 northbound and wrote down the directions and resources in detail. I have written a Thru-Hiker's Manual for the Bartram Trail for NC, GA and SC from Cheoah Bald to SC Hwy 107. As of right now this Manual is directions and resources on and around the trail that hikers need to know about. I'm sure this will help you plan and navigate your hike easier and faster. The mileage is documented down to the hundredth of a mile and so precise that you don't really need a map. It is available at http://www.thru-hiker.us/bt---bartram-trail ...The Manual and web page are a work in progress but I felt the most important information about the Bartram Trail is knowing where you're going and where are the resources and camping locations.

Taba, thanks. That looks like a great resource.

++ New Posts ++