WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Any Thru-Hikers Departing in April

Hey guys! I am looking to depart mid-April was wondering if I can expect anyone from here out on the trail Also is anyone staying at the hostel in Dahlonga, GA as a means to get from the airport/train in Atlanta to the trail?
    Planning to Thru Hike the AT on 4/15/15. I apologize ahead of time for my overbearing amount of questions :)

Journal Entries

Gdad- I will be leaving from Hike Inn on the 13th April. Hiking with Lucy will definitely see you out there. At the ATC web site you can buy. All sorts of trail maps they have a wall map which is very nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave April 19th, using Hikers Hostel Special.

Planning to leave Dahlonega GA on April 20. Staying with family at Amacalola Falls Hotel on April 19 so they can see me off bright and early the next morning. Perhaps we will cross paths. Good luck!

Leaving from springer on 4/16....getting pumped. See you out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planning on leaving April 19th.

Let's see!! There are 30 days in April, let's say 30 starts a day =900 hikers, 40 starts a day =1,200 hikers. The folks at Neels Gap would surely have the best estimate. I'm glad I'm not doing that. Worse than riding the light rail during rush hour carrying a big backpack. Then trying to find a place to sleep at the station. Read the "that's a lot of crap" thread.
    Boy!! that sounds like real fun. Do your self a favor and flip flop out of Hot Springs, Irwin, Damascuss or such.

Heya! I'm start the approach trail on Tuesday, April 28th. I'll be getting a lift from Survivor Dave!

With regards to the 900-1200 hikers starting in April, I think the figures (especially later in the month) are lower. Check out ATC's current schedule for registered hikers. Of course, some folks don't register, but there's still a clear drop off in April.

Either way, Happy Hiking!

Images

About the funniest post I've read in a while...
    Sleep on the ground, rise with the sun and hike with the wind....

I'm sure I will cross paths with you jupiter as I will most likely be embarking on my thru hike come 4/16 too!
    Planning to Thru Hike the AT on 4/15/15. I apologize ahead of time for my overbearing amount of questions :)

++ New Posts ++