WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Question Hello, Im new here.

Hi guys, Im new here.

Looking to thruhike the te araroa trail in nz. Came on here because you guys are knowledgeable about the whole thruhiking thing, and there arent all that many people in nz to.discuss it with.

As you may have guessed, Im from nz.
    Im also fairly yyoung, want to do the Te Araroa trail as part of my gap year, and wish to do the AT at some point later in life, but it would be too costly for me to do soon.

A bit more about me. My boots are uk size 12/us 13, hence the name. Hey, they were on the floor and it seemed as good a name as any. I also like bucket hats

Im gonna be lookimg for info on various things to do with food, myog, going lighter weight etc
    Is it ok if I post any queries and that in the AT forums, as they are topics that relate to any tthruhike? Or should I keep it in here as I am not going to be tramping the at soon?

If anyone has walked the te araroa, give me a shout. If anyone has specific info on the te araroa, gimme a shout. Abd if anyone lives in or is from nz, gimme a shout.

Cheers guys!

Images

Welcome to WhiteBlaze!

I too dream to do the Te Araroa someday, but that'll have to wait 'till closer to retirement for me.

As for your needs, my recommendation would be to read "today's posts" every day for a while. Over time, you'll develop quite a feel for how to decrease weight, which gear is important, and which gear you need to skip. Most of the general questions you might ask have been asked before, so you can browse the server for prior threads that might help you.

That said, don't be afraid to ask about specific questions when you can't find what you're looking for.

Cheers.

Feel free to look the various subforums over and to put your questions in the ones that seem appropriate. Just be aware that some responders may have an AT-centric viewpoint that may not apply to situations covering the Te Araroa. In which case, you may want to post the question here.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

I have been reading threads on here for the last year or so before I joined. Some very insightful answers. Got a few more specific questions, mainly gear related that shouldnt be affected by a AT based viviewpoint.

Thanks for the Replys and recommendations.

++ New Posts ++