WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default cuben fiber tarp?

Hi all,

I'm super bummed - just got a very late email from the company I ordered my cuben fiber tarp from, saying they are out of material and it won't be ready for 8-10 weeks. I was expecting it to come in this week and this obviously puts a crimp in my spring backpacking plans.

Does anyone have one they want to sell? Or any other manufacturers besides hammock gear and z-packs? (They are both running behind...). Any good substitutes? I set aside some $$ to purchase this lightweight item and don't want to go over-budget buying a lesser substitute.

Any suggestions out there?

Thx

Sorry to hear that. Just curious, which company is running the additional 8-10 weeks behind? I have a tarp order in at zpacks, haven't got that email yet...

Quote Originally Posted by HDLV View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Just curious, which company is running the additional 8-10 weeks behind? I have a tarp order in at zpacks, haven't got that email yet...
    I ordered my through hammock gear. Z-packs is running 6+ weeks out right now, though if you've already ordered yours, you should be fine. Might be worth shooting them an email. I wish I'd done that sooner.

check with Mountain Laurel Designs (MLD), he makes quality gear and cuben fiber tarps of different sizes and shapes

https://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/

I believe Hyperlite Mountain Gear sells them also. They are in VA also (MLD in Roanoke) and might be able to help you out.

Just checked MLD's website and they are 8 weeks out too. Hyperlite seems to have some cuben ground tarps available. Is there a disadvantage to getting one not made explicitly for a hammock?

I dk since I don't hammock but ask about a custom tarp.

Images

https://www.hyperlitemountaingear.co...lat-tarps.html

The 8x10 should fit your hammock just fine. Call em' if you have questions.

Quote Originally Posted by wildwood35 View Post
    Hi all,

I'm super bummed - just got a very late email from the company I ordered my cuben fiber tarp from, saying they are out of material and it won't be ready for 8-10 weeks. I was expecting it to come in this week and this obviously puts a crimp in my spring backpacking plans.

Does anyone have one they want to sell? Or any other manufacturers besides hammock gear and z-packs? (They are both running behind...). Any good substitutes? I set aside some $$ to purchase this lightweight item and don't want to go over-budget buying a lesser substitute.

Any suggestions out there?

Thx

Private message sent

Hi all -

Just wanted to update this thread, in case anyone else is in my predicament. I spent a lot of time researching options, and finally found a solution from Bear Paw Wilderness Designs. John has been exceedingly helpful and has guaranteed the tarp will arrive in time for my trip. Other manufacturers, including Hammock Gear, Z-packs, and Mountain Laurel Designs are running at least 6 weeks out, if not more. Hyperlite had some options available, but unfortunately the sizes were not going to work for me.

If you have an order in, it might be worth checking the status. Wish I'd done that sooner. And if you have a cuben tarp you're looking to sell - well it seems like now would be a good time to advertise it

Thanks again for all your suggestions.

Images

You might also check out: http://gossamergear.com/q-twinn-tarp.html.

++ New Posts ++