WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries

Default Shuttle from Harpers Ferry, WV to Penn Mar, PA

Planning a 70 K walk from Penn Mar to Harpers Ferry. Need a Sunday evening shuttle for return to Penn Mar area.

Due to MS I was unable to walk 8 years ago. Now I've completed a couple of 50K's and am looking to the four state challenge.

Images

What is the date that you need the shuttle?
    -------------------------------------------
    ~Brian

“I don't know what lies around the bend, but I'm going to believe that the best does.”
    -- L.M. Montgomery

If it is May 3rd, we might be driving that route. But more likely than not it would be 4ish timeframe.
    AT 2000 miler: 2011-2014 (via section hikes)
    Camino de Santiago -- April/May 2016 (Camino Frances from Saint Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela)
    CDT New Mexico sections next???

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup01 View Post
    Planning a 70 K walk from Penn Mar to Harpers Ferry. Need a Sunday evening shuttle for return to Penn Mar area.

Due to MS I was unable to walk 8 years ago. Now I've completed a couple of 50K's and am looking to the four state challenge.
    There's an outfit down that way that provides shuttle services! River and Trail Outfitters I believe is the name near Harpers.....they Gentleman that owns the business shuttled my wife and I from Penn-Mar to Harpers a year and a half ago so that we could hike MD. I would be glad to help you out myself but we are all the way up here in coastal MA. Good luck.

Journal Entries
    Images

Default My suggestion - shuttle to the beginning, not from the end

If I understand your comments, I suggest you park in Harper's Ferry, and have them shuttle you to the starting place. That way when you are done, you can just leave, and not wait for a shuttle. That is what I did in September 2014, with River and Trail Outfitters (starting at Pine Knob). They are very reliable but not as inexpensive as some others. There is a listing on the ATC website which includes them and others. They had me park in the Harper's Ferry Park, which costs $5 or so, unless you have a national park pass, but was very safe to park. You can also park by the AMC HQ if there is room. Good luck.

++ New Posts ++