Default Looking for Thru-hike partner(s) for June 2015

Hello! I have been wanting to do a thru-hike for a while now and have just recently found that I have time to do one! I am not an experienced hiker (just day trips) and there is so much for me to learn before doing it, but I am determined to complete about 3/4 of it between June and November. My family is worried about me going alone, to which I replied that I am fully capable but admittedly a little frightened, that is why I want to see if anyone is interested in becoming my hiking partner(s). We do not have to stay together for the whole time if you have to leave early or whatnot. Also I am a bit overweight and I am hoping to find someone in the same boat as me, as we will go slow at first and gradually increase and motivate each other over the course of the hike. Hopefully this is not too late notice as I know a lot of people have already set out. Let me know if you are interested!

learn as much as you can here and go sobo as far as you can it will be easier to pick up where you left off. the north east has a short window where the weather is good to hike. or start at harpers ferry wv and go north. then do the southern part of the trail. the north east is the hardest part of the trail, but also the hardest part to time better weather conditions.

Journal Entries

I'm planning 5 days in July from Harper's Ferry to Waynesboro PA or slightly more...where's are you starting?

I plan on starting the 3rd week of July SOBO if your interested in starting a little later.

Hey Hali!
    My name is Hannah and I am in the same boat as you! I have sectioned hiked GA already and will be continuing my hike towards WV. I will be at the Nantahala Outdoor Center by the end of this week and will need someone to continue my trek North with me. If you are interested or would like more information please feel free to call/text me 706-474-0902!

++ New Posts ++