Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I have used the permethrin to treat my clothes (all clothes), pack, sleeping bag, etc when hiking in FL.

I have removed dead ticks from my socks.

It works.

If it's not too hot, I wear long pants... keeps me safe from ticks and doubles as gaiters to keep sand and leaves out of my boots.

The aerosol bedding spray used for lice treatment (Rid is the brand name) to spray everything down before discovering the concentrated stuff at farm supply stores.

The Pond was a gem this weekend, awesome weather. Ticks are still on the low-side. Picked up one, in camp, and I know exactly when I got it. I had just checked for them and went to take sunset photo. Brushed against some prairie grass, I know that's where i picked it up. Otherwise, smooth sailing. Got bit by several flies, they are definitely picking up.

Well, been going out last four weeks and last weekend was it (for the sane). Chiggers are off the charts. One of my signals for the end is finding a tick on the mesh of my tent. Happened Sunday morning. See you all in the fall!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++