WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Arethusa Falls & Bemis Brook, 5-15-2015

Went to Arethusa Falls and back down Bemis Brook today.

Took moms out for her first hike in the white mountains and probably her first one in 15 years lol... She enjoyed herself. Hope you guys do too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG8iYmd5xMo

-fastfox

Mt Moriah on Sunday is a possibility. Stay tuned.

Images

Do you post on Viewsfromthetop? That site is a lot more suitable for reporting on hiking in the Whites, ME and VT. If you need a recommendation from a member to join, I'm sure someone will do it for you.
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Not everyone has film.

Amazing how dry the trails are for this time of year. Another nice video but that ankle view made me a bit seasick

Quote Originally Posted by Old Hillwalker View Post
    Do you post on Viewsfromthetop? That site is a lot more suitable for reporting on hiking in the Whites, ME and VT. If you need a recommendation from a member to join, I'm sure someone will do it for you.
    Can't tell if you are making the suggestion to help him get more exposure or if you feel there's something unsuitable about posting trip reports here.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Hillwalker View Post
    I was completely unaware of that site until now. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStranger View Post
    Amazing how dry the trails are for this time of year. Another nice video but that ankle view made me a bit seasick

Can't tell if you are making the suggestion to help him get more exposure or if you feel there's something unsuitable about posting trip reports here.
    I'm sure he means well, that's how I took it. We did see a very small piece of snow and ice on the trail. It was off the trail. This trail was DRY though. Only one or two wet and muddy spots the whole way up and in my opinion, doesn't even satisfy my definition of wet and muddy. More like a small puddle.

Exposure isn't what I'm after, I just found it takes 2 minutes to post these here and might as well share them. If exposure is what I wanted, I'd take it a little more professionally. Maybe some day. In the mean time, just sharing what I got with the white blaze community located or hiking in the White Mountains.

Well then I'm glad he mentioned it. VFTT is peakbagger heaven here in the northeast. Most of the year I don't pay them much attention as they tend to be day hikers who do little camping, but their snow reports are invaluable in the winter.

http://www.newenglandtrailconditions.com/ is another great site for short trip reports giving trail conditions encountered which can come in really handy when planning an adventure. These are very brief and are generally limited to surface and water reports, but give insight into what someone else ran into recently so can be great for planning. I'm using it right now to decide on where to head for a three nighter later this week. Was thinking Bonds-Zealand-TFalls loop but it sounds like the conditions up top are iffy with the monorail varying from gone to six feet or more in spots.

++ New Posts ++