WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries

Default taxis @ littleton mineral station?

Do taxis hang around littletons mineral station , or do you have to call one to get to waterton canyon trailhead?

I would plan on calling for a taxi, or contact The Colorado Trail Foundation for a list of trail angels along the way, there are several in the Denver area.

I found out last summer that taxis most definitely do not hang around that station, at least when we were there. Another hiker and I called for a cab and waited and waited and waited. Finally a trail angel offered, without us even trying to yogi him, to drive us to Waterton.

It's a suburban park-and-ride station, taxis don't hang around.
    The taxi I called to get to the waterton trailhead last summer took 15-20 minutes to arrive.

Anyone have a suggestion as to the best taxi service to call at Littleton?

I can give you a ride if I have your expected date and time. I live 15 minutes from the TH. Feel free to PM me.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wülfgang View Post
    I can give you a ride if I have your expected date and time. I live 15 minutes from the TH. Feel free to PM me.
    As do I, and I give free rides as well. If Wulfgang cannot, try me. We're neighbors I guess Wulfgang!

When I arrived at the Littleton Mineral station around noon at the end of July last year, I tried the dial-a-ride number which had never been answered earlier on that day or the day prior. Same result - no answer. Dial a ride is pretty much worthless. I then called a taxi and waited seemingly forever. I called again multiple times and finally a cab arrived about an hour later. About $25 including tip to the trailhead if I recall correctly.

Denver metro has Uber service but I didn't have a fully set up account then. If you can't ride with a trail angel, I'd really recommend Uber. You can see the location of the car on your phone and I've had much better experiences with Uber than with cabs. And it is cheaper.

++ New Posts ++