Thread: Bra, chest

Images

Question Bra, chest

I've recently had surgery on my chest to install two batteries (similar to pacemaker battery but not for a pacemaker). My pack lays directly on the incisions, which isn't so bad. The problem that I'm finding is with my bra. Do you any of you have suggestions for a bra type/brand, that would support but not dig into your shoulders?

Images

Welcome to White Blaze!

As you have probably noticed, there are a gazillion types of bras out there, and not all of them fit just right. In an effort to help you get an answer that will meet your needs, I am going to ask a few questions....

-Does your daily bra work for you for hiking, or is this the bra that is causing problems with the incisions?
    -Are you looking for more of a sports bra, or just a bra in general? Some women do not like sports bras, so I am asking this question in an effort to narrow down the answers you will receive.
    -Are you looking for a bra that has medium support, or offers lots of support? (Obviously, some women need more support than others!)

Off the top of my head... If you are looking for a bra that does not dig into the shoulders, I would look more toward a sports bra with wider straps. The narrower the strap, the more likely you will have the issue of it digging in. A wider strap would also allow you to maybe wrap some moleskin/other padding around the strap in an effort to cause less chafing (if that is also part of the issue).

Danskin and Champion offer some nice bras to try at a budget that won't break the bank. It is tough to find the "right" bra that works, and I always hate spending a lot of money in the process. I have some other brands to suggest, but will hold off for now.

Images

-My daily bra does not work for hiking with my pack (25 lbs roughly) it feels like its digging into my incision

-Sports bra, ideally

- I need more support (D cup)

I'm a runner and I use a Champion bra for that but for hiking it doesn't seem to do the job. I am open to other brand suggestions?

Images

Have you looked into the Moving Comfort line? They can get pretty pricey, but they do a better job than the less expensive sports bras. I should think that something with a wider strap might help with the issue of digging in to the incision, or you could at least get a little padding (Moleskin, etc) under a wider bra strap. The beauty is that with the Moving Comfort line, you can adjust the straps. This might allow you to maybe make the strap that rubs a little, a bit more loose until the incision heals. The Fiona, Juno and Maia might be of interest to you. The straps on the Fiona are a little more narrow, but I don't think you can go wrong with either of the other two bras.

Default blackhawk

I have been wearing a bra from Blackhawk tactical gear. it has great support it dries quickly and it doesn't smell bad when backpacking for days

Images

Thanks Water Rat, I think I like the Moving Comfort line. I've just gotta find a shop nearby so that I can be fitted before ordering. Thanks for the information

Images

Thanks blackhawk, I checked out the website but I think the moving comfort line would be a better fit.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by kameyosekmoon View Post
    Thanks Water Rat, I think I like the Moving Comfort line. I've just gotta find a shop nearby so that I can be fitted before ordering. Thanks for the information
    Happy to be able to offer some information that might help!

I'm a 34D and on my fourth bra. I finally found one that fits perfectly, supports the ladies and doesn't dig. The Moving Comfort Maia with underwire.

Good luck!

++ New Posts ++