WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default WTS: TarpTent Moment, Sierra Designs Bivy

All prices include CONUS shipping via USPS 2-3 Day Priority Mail. Payment via PayPal. No trades. If paid before 5pm I always ship next business day. I'm posting this on Whiteblaze as well, and will go by timestamps of the "I'll take it" post (I read the rules and didn't see anything against this...). I can take pictures if you would like but they look just like those on the websites...

TarpTent Moment, single/double layer
    Link to specs: http://tarptent.com/moment.html

I switched to hammocks last year so there's maybe 8-10 nights of use (if that, I'm lucky to do that many overnighters in a season). Tent is in excellent shape, but the very 1st night out I got two pine needle pricks on the floor which I sealed with SilNet - I've used the tyvek footprint (included) every night since then.

FYI, this is the 2013 model. They recently changed this model over to a heavier double layer version. This one weighs in at 32.98 ounces including the single pole, stuff sack, and easton stakes (I will also re-weigh this with my newer, nicer scale to double check).

Comes with tent, pole, stakes, stuff sack. Tent is seam sealed – and I think (not positive) there's also a couple stripes of SilNet on the floor to help prevent pad slippage. I will also include the optional crossing pole (don't know what this weighs) which makes this a completely freestanding tent (great for platforms), and the optional tyvek footprint (4.4 ounces).

$190 shipped CONUS (tent was $235 + 30 seam sealing + 12 footprint + 30 crossing pole = $307)

Sierra Designs Zagori Bivy
    Link to specs: http://www.backcountry.com/sierra-designs-zagori-bivy
    Bought on HammockForums 12/2014 and never used it (did crawl into it once in my house though). Original owner said it was brand new, and it did still have the little plastic wire tag holder on it (but no tag). I'm never going to use this so hopefully somebody will.
    $50 shipped CONUS

**SOLD**Hammeck Netty (ordered 12/1/2015)
    11' long, right lay
    Double layer PolyD 1.4 Charcoal Grey
    Side shock cord tie-outs
    Optional pack hooks for UQ suspension
    Optional organizer
    Comes with with ridgeline, continuous loops, stuff sack
    Used for a single night, and maybe a couple hours in a hammock stand when I first got it.
    24.92 ounces
    **SOLD**$150 shipped CONUS

***SPF***Hammock + suspension + bugnet + tarp:
    Dutch 11' PolyD 1.4 hammock in Olive Green
    -8" continous loops
    -adjustable ridgeline (83% +/- ~12")
    Dutch 5' Tree Huggers
    Dutch Speed Hooks w/ Amsteel leads (please note Dutch discontinued these)
    Dutch 11' Summer Sock (bug net/underquilt protector)
    Double ended stuff sack for above
    Pretty sure I never even tested the hammock out (i.e. brand new), and tried the summer sock for about 5 minutes when it was 10º out
    =20.29 ounces

Yukon Outfitters Walkabout Hammock tarp, diamond shape, 11' x 9'4"
    -2x stakes, lines with tensioners, stuff sack
    tarp was only setup for one night last summer
    16.71 ounces

***SPF***$90 shipped CONUS. Cost $129 new + shipping + labor. (no splitting up - if you don't want it all buy it and sell what you don't want)

***SOLD***Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    11' long, right lay
    1.7 dual layer Olive Green
    Side shock cord tie-outs
    Comes with ridgeline, continuous loops, elastic tieouts, and stuff sack
    Maybe 6 or 7 nights use (and to be honest I haven't run it though the washer yet!), one thing to note is the 1.7 fabric Brandon uses can sometimes have extra threads running through it, which this one has (somewhere, couldn't find the small area again to take a pic) and he said it's nothing to worry about and actually makes the fabric stronger – but for full disclosure I wanted to mention it since it got me worried when I first received the hammock.
    ***SOLD***$175 shipped CONUS

**SOLD**Hammock Gear Phoenix 20º Underquilt (ordered 1/1/2015)
    Argon 67 Titanium Gray outside
    Argon 67 Black inside
    15.25 ounces with stuff sack
    stored uncompressed of course!
    **SOLD**$160 shipped CONUS

**SOLD**Jarbidge River Under Quilt by Arrowhead / Kick *** Quilts (bought 7/15/14)
    Olive outside, black inside
    25º 3-Season version
    Same 6 or 7 nights use in the WB BB XLC (bought 7/15/14)
    Always stored uncompressed
    comes with stuff sack
    ~22 ounces (forget if I weighed this with the optional CCF pad or not)
    **SOLD**$75 shipped CONUS

***SOLD***Therma-Rest NeoAir xLite
    Large, 25x77x2.5"
    R-Value 3.2
    15.12 ounces including stuff sack
    -I bought the lighter optional yellow stuff sack for this which weighs .65 ounces (included in above weight)
    I don't know if there's different versions of this through the years, but this was bought around Jan. 2014, and like the TarpTent maybe 8-10 nights on it - it was also always stored flat
    ***SOLD***$120 shipped CONUS

Possibly more gear to come!
    Last edited by Dochartaigh; 05-28-2015 at 11:22.

ill take the xlite

Boxed up the Phoenix and Jarbidge tonight so they're ready to mail. Rec'd payment for the WBB XLC and NeoAir xLite after 5pm so those people will get tracking when I'm at work tomorrow.

Added a complete Dutch hammock setup to the above initial post.
    Last edited by Dochartaigh; 05-26-2015 at 20:52.

thats some gear. Makes me wonder what you kept for your setup.
    The best journeys answer questions that in the beginning you didn't even know to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Bear View Post
    thats some gear. Makes me wonder what you kept for your setup.
    For when I have to sleep on the ground I switched over to a TarpTent Squall 2 (2-person) tent for some more room over the 1-person Moment (and also like the option to fit 2 people in the tent).

And for a hammock I ordered a nice extra wide Dream hammock made with the soon-to-be-released 1.6oz HyperD XL fabric (72" wide). Pairing that with a full-length (long and extra wide) underquilt so I don't have to mess with 3/4 length underquilts + CCF pad anymore.

Journal Entries

I am curious, which manufacturer did you order your top quilt and under quilt from? I have a Thunderbird 11 on order in the Hyper D XL fabric like yours.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenRabbit View Post
    I am curious, which manufacturer did you order your top quilt and under quilt from?
    My 20º and 40º top quilts are from Hammock Gear, and they're wide and long in size. Extra-wide underquilt is also from Hammock Gear; it'll have 1 extra chamber and be 30º.

Also, somebody asked me for pictures of the pine needle holes in the TarpTent. Here they are:

Penny shows scale. This is the bottom of the tent. The holes were so small I had to draw a circle around them to find them again to seam-seal:

Here's a picture of one of the holes. I had to hold it up to a lamp just to see it. Hole is the size of a small pine needle, and is seam sealed.

++ New Posts ++