WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Sidewalk - A magazine for hikers

Hi,

For the last year, I have been working on a side project called Sidewalk. It is an online magazine to help you plan your next hiking adventure. I launched it this January and have published 4 issues so far. What do you think of it? Please take a moment to subscribe and leave a note. Your feedback would be really valuable to our small team.

Happy Hiking!
    http://www.visitsidewalk.com

siyeh_pass.JPG

Nice read. Are you writing about these trips first hand? If so, cool stuff man.

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."
    Isaiah 55:12

I have been reaching out to several avid hikers and backpackers and asking them to write about their trips. I've built tools for them so that the format is consistent across the trips.

If you like it you can subscribe and I'll send you an email with 4 new trips every month.

Journal Entries
    Images

Nice format.

it suits my attentions span perfectly.

I just "rehiked" some of the Wonderland Trail, and checked out some sections I missed.

You have already given me some ideas...

Happy to help

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    Nice format.

it suits my attentions span perfectly.

I just "rehiked" some of the Wonderland Trail, and checked out some sections I missed.

You have already given me some ideas...
    Well described! It seems a good fit for me as well for similar reasons and the subscription is in.

Enjoyed it.
    Thanks, I'm in...

Thanks so much for this. I enjoy reading and learning about these places.

very nice, can never have enough reading material, and great photos, keep em coming.

Like the format very much. What a great way to to educate hikers with so many available trails.

This is really nice! Love the format and look forward to discovering new places using your trips. Thanks.

Enjoyed it as well. Hope the trips keep coming. Thanks and good luck.

Thanks for subscribing. The next 3 issues are sketched out. So yeah, the trips will keep coming

I published a couple of trips from the 5th issue: Shi Shi Beach to Lake Ozette along the Olympic National Park Wilderness Coast and the Tonto Trail in Grand Canyon National Park. Enjoy!

Journal Entries

Wish I were there! Loved the photography.

I would contribute as a writer but not on Facebook anymore. Please advise. Send me a PM here.

Good variety of terrain in you Issue 5. Ever thought about Rialto to Shi Shi at O NP. My fav coastal hike next to the West Coast Tr in N America?

How about a complete Tonto Tr traverse possibly including extending it on the front end by descending the Nankoweep Tr then getting a boat hitch/float across to Colorado/Little Colorado River junction? Could do several things on the other end of the Tonto Tr at/near Elves Chasm as well?

++ New Posts ++