WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

If you want to ignore weight, the Sierra Designs DriDown pillow is my choice. 5.8 oz total. But you can remove the interior pillow, and stuff it with your down puffy, or whatever clothing you want. That brings the weight to 2.7 oz. I also use it as a stuff sack for my EMS down puffy (which can actually compress really small into it's own pocket, but takes a bit of effort to do so.)

I use flexairs for my kids....they are the lightest pillows, and since the kids eventually don't use the pillows anyway during the night b/c they can't keep them under their heads, I wanted the absolute lightest weight.

We all use buffs though....and we wrap the pillows in the buff tubes. They make great pillow cases.

However, for myself...by far the best pillow is the big sky dream sleeper pillow. The UL version. Its 1.4oz, which is lighter than the exped pillows, they are way bigger, and most importantly....they flex. Its like a rubbery material...think like a balloon...so it actually cushions you. The standard nylon pillows are actually as hard as a rock b/c there is no flex in them...they just become hard whenever your head rests against them.

Possibly the only wearables not worn to bed are raingear, so I put that in a stuff sack and use it as a pillow, sometimes elevated on some other gear for neck support.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++