WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default 2 poles and a leash

How do you handle 2 poles and a leash?
    I hurt my shoulder on the trail about 3 weeks ago, and came home. I've been walking in the local park here in St. Louis, it's 2 sq. miles and a walking path about 5 1/2 miles, sepparate from the bicycle path. I've been using one of those reel-up type leashes with my son's dog. I started carrying a pack a week ago. But how to attach the leash? The hip belt did not work very well, so I ran my chest strap through the leash handle. It works very nicely. I can pull on the leash to bring her in, shorten the leash and lock it, or let her roam within leash distance, and still use both hiking poles.
    What do you do for 2 poles and a leash?

Sorry for the double post. Please let this 1 die.

Images

I just tied at piece of mason line (heavy nylon string) to the leash handle and used a wally world "beaner"
    to attache the string to a pole strap. This has work well for me. My dog is only around 14lbs and is very well trained and behaved on the trail. Now, if you have a bigger dog that might want to try and chase a squirrel without notice, taking your arm with it, your pack strap may be better for you.

++ New Posts ++