Thread: 2016 thru hike

Default 2016 thru hike

I will be starting mid February from Springer ~ I'm wondering if anyone is looking for a hiking partner?

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

I'm just chicken.

I'm hiking NOBO in mid to late March 2016. From what I understand, you will almost never be alone on the trail (even if you are hiking alone), constantly leap-frogging with people. Maybe you will meet someone who matches your abilities, pace and interests while on the trail.

Thank you. 😀 I am mostly concerned about traveling into town when I get further up north but like you said I'm sure there will be plenty of people around. 😀

I am leaving in mid Feb if the weather supports, maybe towards the end. I know one other guy that may be starting about the same time with me if he can work out the date. You didn't mention anything about speed, distance or age so this is just a shot in the dark. As someone else wrote, there should be plenty of people on the trail, we may just be starting about the same time frame.

I'm 37 😀not a fast hiker~ I will probably only hike about 10 miles a day to begin with 😀 not sure if y'all are pros? !?!? It would be nice to "know" other hikers that can keep an eye on each other 😀

I am going NOBO also beginning March first from Springer. I am solo hiking and female. I agree with some of the others that there will be a lot of people out there that if you do not find someone before that time I am sure someone may be interested then. From what I have read on here there seems to be a lot of people heading out the end of February and beginning of March. Good luck to all going in 2016. Woohoo....everyday that passes gets us one day closer to being on the trail.

Hey there,
    I'll be heading out NOBO around the same time as you. Just wanted to say hello and let you know that I'm another solo female hiker. Let me know if you'd like to possibly begin the first few days together.

++ New Posts ++