Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Girls trip?!

Default Girls trip?!

Any ladies interested in logging some miles, or is currently on the AT looking for a buddy? I'm free to go August 10-18? Dates & location are somewhat flexible!
    I'm a rookie, but have "test driven" my gear on a few overnights with my sister & am confident I can go 8+ miles a day.

*full disclosure, I'm petrified of lightning, bears, & spiders. I'm looking for safety in numbers & if need be, someone to check my back for spiders after I walk through a web.

Sorry, I'm not available to hike that week. But I admire you for wanting to get out there even though you have some fears. Good luck with your hike.

Too bad you can't do July 6-11, I will be doing PA/MD line up to Boiling Springs PA...hope you get some hiking companions to help chase the creepy crawlies away!!

I start SOBO in ME on 16 july. Not sure where I'll be Aug 10-18, but will give you a heads up about where i am if you want to meet up. I would guess that I would be about 300-400 miles from Maine by that point.

Journal Entries

I may be able to work those dates. Im a newbie too and 8+ pd would work nicely. I also want to test drive some equipment so a few days out would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by namaste7 View Post
    I start SOBO in ME on 16 july. Not sure where I'll be Aug 10-18, but will give you a heads up about where i am if you want to meet up. I would guess that I would be about 300-400 miles from Maine by that point.
    That would be awesome, but I'll be joining you from sea-level-flatland-Eastern-North Carolina! Not a lot of elevation at the beach, & looking around mile 300-400, you will have been through the White Mts. & hitting "one of the most challenging states" according to my AT book. Let me know how you are doing. I may need to wait till you get to VA to keep up with you!

We may need to find a third with some experience. (or someone we can out run!)

Quote Originally Posted by BeachMom View Post
    That would be awesome, but I'll be joining you from sea-level-flatland-Eastern-North Carolina! Not a lot of elevation at the beach, & looking around mile 300-400, you will have been through the White Mts. & hitting "one of the most challenging states" according to my AT book. Let me know how you are doing. I may need to wait till you get to VA to keep up with you!

Will do. Maybe stair master or stairs for some hill work out

I'd be interested in this but it would have to be closer to the Southern end. I'm in Florida and wouldn't be able to travel all that far...although a trip to NC may be nice.

Sent from my N9515 using Tapatalk

And I'm not scared of any of the above. I'll save you. Hahahaha...

This thread reminds me of several all-girl backpacking groups I have seen in the last several years, so I'll share some pics for inspirational purposes---

The girls of Appalachian State backpacking the Mountains to Sea trail in Pisgah NF near Upper Creek.

Eleanor and Miss Scarlett in a high mountain gap in the Slickrock Creek wilderness of NC.

The Girls of Mt Rogers---a group near Scales on the AT from Women Of Adventure, a guided group.

Four girls from Michigan on a 5 day trip into the mountains of NC.

Quote Originally Posted by lac3300 View Post
    I'd be interested in this but it would have to be closer to the Southern end. I'm in Florida and wouldn't be able to travel all that far...although a trip to NC may be nice.

Hey! i also live in Gainesville (UF) would you be interested in doing a few day/overnight trips? paynes prairie has some trails (although not anything with elevation im assuming) c:

Tipi Walter, thank you for the Picts! That's exactly what I'm looking for. (Just not quite so many!)

FL girls, I'm a grad of the Zoo Tech program at Santa Fe CC! We're like family! lac3300 can be the stand in older sister. I'll be the chicken-crap little sister!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BeachMom View Post
    Tipi Walter, thank you for the Picts! That's exactly what I'm looking for. (Just not quite so many!)

FL girls, I'm a grad of the Zoo Tech program at Santa Fe CC! We're like family! lac3300 can be the stand in older sister. I'll be the chicken-crap little sister!

Heyyy!! no way they do say its a small world..

Helllloooo there!

I'm planning on hiking Vermont and New Hampshire SOBO July 27 through the end of August. Join me if you can! I'm moderately experienced (have gone on a few 5 days hikes and have all my own gear). I will probably start out at about 10 miles a day, but hope to increase slowly but surely

I meant NOBO!

When would you be in Hanover. I would love to hike that section with company.

Images

I hear you about lightning. I was stuck in Bristol camping in the mountains this past weekend and we had a few close calls.

I'll be starting out from Springer for a few days Aug 10th/11th going as far as Neels Gap. Just a short trek, still pretty new to this. Where are you looking at going?

Quote Originally Posted by medicjenn76 View Post
    I'll be starting out from Springer for a few days Aug 10th/11th going as far as Neels Gap. Just a short trek, still pretty new to this. Where are you looking at going?
    I'm pretty flexible with location. I see you are also from NC, are you driving or flying to Springer?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++