WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Looking for a ride - South Vermont

Morning All!

My boyfriend and I are beginning our section hike of the Long Trail this upcoming weekend - and are looking for a ride from Kelley Stand Road to the MA/VT border. Sent out an email to a few people on the ATC shuttle list, and given the short notice and holiday weekend, wanted to reach out here on WB as well.

We would be arriving at Kelley Stand Road around 8am +/- this Friday 3 July depending on our potential ride giver's availability!

Thanks everyone!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ashley_nicole View Post
    Morning All!

My boyfriend and I are beginning our section hike of the Long Trail this upcoming weekend - and are looking for a ride from Kelley Stand Road to the MA/VT border. Sent out an email to a few people on the ATC shuttle list, and given the short notice and holiday weekend, wanted to reach out here on WB as well.

We would be arriving at Kelley Stand Road around 8am +/- this Friday 3 July depending on our potential ride giver's availability!

Thanks everyone!

you do the MA/VT border is in the middle of the woods, right? if thats what youre saying in your e-mails to shuttlers that might be why none are responding. its my experience that some shuttlers tend to ignore bizarre requests. i ask some pretty out of the ordinary stuff on occasion and finding someopne to humor me is tough, but what you're asking is literally impossible. ask to be dropped off in north adams, ma. theres someone in north adams ive used in that area a bunch of times.

My bad, I was being lazy with my directions. I assumed people who know where the trail intersects the border would know we actually would like to be dropped off at the trailhead 2 miles south of the border - without having a map in front of me, I believe it's off Massachusetts Ave between Williamstown and North Adams.

If you postponed because you didn't find a shuttle, I may be available on your "new"date. Vic in Clarksburg, MA

++ New Posts ++