WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    Well like I said. I think you are completely wrong and wrong for trying to pressure others to do as you wish. Smiley face or not you are attempting to control. It is not appreciated.
    What's so "completely wrong" about respecting someone's wishes?
    Or asking others to do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    you're wrong. i'm not trying to cause trouble. all the secretive crap is just that. if she didn't want to be followed she shouldn't have announced it
    ... and then it'd be a stealth attempt.
    Which would likely be pointed out.

Either way... trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    ... and then it'd be a stealth attempt.
    Which would likely be pointed out.

Either way... trouble.
    bull. only a few have to know. not the whole interweb. she wants the attention. they all do

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Last edited by Sarcasm the elf; 08-18-2015 at 19:40.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Images

I must have missed it somewhere. If someone could please post on here where she said she didn't want anyone discussing her hike on AT forums.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dmax View Post
    I must have missed it somewhere. If someone could please post on here where she said she didn't want anyone discussing her hike on AT forums.
    Here are her exact words (I added the bold for emphasis):

I will update here as I go whenever seems appropriate so that you can follow along online, but please, respect my privacy as I push hard to expand my limits.

I do not post here to create hype, but to fulfill one of the requirements specified on the fastest known times website (public progress access). So please, do your part to respect the nature of a self-supported journey by not trying to engage with me along the trail. Trust me, your prayers, positive energy, and cheers from home can indeed be felt by a woman walking her own path many miles away.
    I don't think she asked us not to discuss her hike, but she made it clear that she will not be posting real time locations and asked that we respect her privacy and not engage with her along the trail.

Posted on her FB page: https://m.facebook.com/AnishHikes
    Attached Images Attached Images

GAME 06

What's so "completely wrong" about respecting someone's wishes?
    Or asking others to do the same?
    Because your big ego is letting you put words and wishes into her mouth. You have no right to do that.

We have all read her post and it just does not say what you are trying to claim. It only talked about not coming out to the trail and bothering her.

So leave off the projecting you onto to her.

GAME 06

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    By that logic, would you consider it wrong for a female solo hiker to ask other hikers to not publically reveal their location or take photos of them without their consent and post them online? Because that is effectively what she asked and I think that is a fair request for anyone to make.
    Bill is wrong for what he is doing.

No one here has violated any aspect of what she requested. I doubt any here would violate anyone's expressed wishes. If you see someone doing that to anyone then complain as then you have a right to do it, but trying to always control everyone while claiming falsely that one 'knows' any more about what was requested than we do is just ugly manipulation. I will not cooperate in such behavior.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Know what, I'm just stepping out of this discussion. Since I can't delete posts entirely, here's a cat photo in it's place.

image.jpg
    Last edited by Sarcasm the elf; 08-18-2015 at 20:10.

Journal Entries
    Images

No one here has violated any aspect of what she requested.
    Right or wrong, I think Bill's approach is the best one. I just don't see any value in posting a stranger's location -- even in a general sense-- on line. And even less so when that stranger is a woman.

She has Facebook and can do that herself if she wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    She reportedly passed thru Manchester Vermont 8/16
    Unless she posts something publicly best to respect her wishes on the matter.
    Not trying to call Ryan or Jeff out in the process though... simple question, innocent response with no real harm done.

Nothing wrong with talking about it, just avoid dates, times, specifics.

No one here has violated any aspect of what she requested. I doubt any here would violate anyone's expressed wishes. If you see someone doing that to anyone then complain as then you have a right to do it, but trying to always control everyone while claiming falsely that one 'knows' any more about what was requested than we do is just ugly manipulation. I will not cooperate in such behavior.
    Perhaps it's your small ego that has resulted in this discussion?

Someone posted a location and a date.
    Your friendly neighborhood egomaniac chimed in and posted a gentle reminder of a fellow hiker's desire for privacy.
    No harm, no foul. Bean can back on the shelf before any beans had a chance to spill.

Some dude took offense where none was given.
    Some wordy guy put up too many words.
    Said dude is even more offended for even less reasons.

Ryan didn't mean nothing by asking.
    Jeff didn't mean nothing by telling.
    Bill didn't mean nothing by reminding.

Don't know the other dude's name.

End of story.

I support what Just Bill is saying. He can be a bit verbose but he is respectful and trying to do right. Anish is obviously not Jurek and only posting for the transparency of the attempt. Regardless, she is unsupported and asking to remain that way in every aspect. I think she'll beat Matt Kirk's record and possibly even Jurek's. I now it sounds crazy but she is a beast.

such a non issue. all she gotta do is say no to trail magicians and angels along the way

Images

Her position is very understandable given the controversy over pizzagate. I see nothing wrong with the discussion though posting dates and times will inevitably lead to meetings on the trail. But I also believe Lone Wolf is right, she wants the attention even if it occurs after the hike. Her PCT hike meant a lot to her, understandably so. She seems to have something to prove to herself on this hike and I really hope she accomplishes what she's hoping to achieve. She is certainly one of the most driven people that I have ever met.

GAME 06

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    I support what Just Bill is saying. He can be a bit verbose but he is respectful and trying to do right. Anish is obviously not Jurek and only posting for the transparency of the attempt. Regardless, she is unsupported and asking to remain that way in every aspect. I think she'll beat Matt Kirk's record and possibly even Jurek's. I now it sounds crazy but she is a beast.
    Bill is just trying to create controversy and then act like he is coming in to do the right thing and save the situation. Controlling and manipulative. Low class.

No one here in any post even came close to violating Anish's requests. That is what one should focus on.

GAME 06

Back to the topic.

A bit from her Facebook page about how she approaches the days hiking. I find it pretty interesting and wonder what mental approach folks like Matt take towards the daily grind.

"What I am loving about this journey is that I am hiking song bird to screech owl every day because it feels good. It feels right. I don't write down how far I walk and it doesn't really matter much. The miles will come with she's hours on my feet. There is no stress abt distance covered or not, only the joy of feeling my own body push through the terrain."

Bill is just trying to create controversy and then act like he is coming in to do the right thing and save the situation. Controlling and manipulative. Low class.

No one here in any post even came close to violating Anish's requests. That is what one should focus on.
    What? He's doing nothing of the sort, and you're just here flaming him. Let it go. You disagree, we've all accepted that. Just move on.

GAME 06

Quote Originally Posted by CalebJ View Post
    What? He's doing nothing of the sort, and you're just here flaming him. Let it go. You disagree, we've all accepted that. Just move on.
    Have you even read the posts?

I repeat: No one here in any post even came close to violating Anish's requests.

So you explain his posts any other way than I did. I stand by what I said. I'll move on when I stop seeing posts that ignore the facts.

Peakbagger Extraordinaire The Solemates's Avatar

where's the charts and excel files tracking her progress?
    The only thing better than mountains, is mountains where you haven't been.

amongnature.blogspot.com

Geez people. You ask what someone's pace is and it has to be a thing. Matt Kirk, the only one with anything to lose in this thread, provided enough information to answer the question without also giving Anish's exact GPS coordinates. Thank you for that.

Bill - You don't moderate this forum. I wouldn't waste your time trying to police other's posts. Yar.

Ryan

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++