WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Images

Her latest facebook post:

1,000 miles deep into this endeavor and no one asks if I am a day hiker anymore.
    I've taken on the look of someone who has been through something. The slightly desperate look in eyes that are hungry for miles as well as meals. My chest has flattened, my hipbelt sags uselessly. Every ounce of baby fat has melted off of my legs revealing muscles of steel, etched by miles, mountains, and propulsion. My dress is tattered. I'm filthy and I stink. My stride is all business, covering uneven terrain without difficulty.
    No, no one can think that I am anything but what I am: A100% pure*‪#‎Southbounder‬.
    ‪#‎MEGA15‬*‪#‎TruetotheThru

Quote Originally Posted by JEBjr View Post

1,000 miles deep into this endeavor and no one asks if I am a day hiker anymore.
    I've taken on the look of someone who has been through something. The slightly desperate look in eyes that are hungry for miles as well as meals. My chest has flattened, my hipbelt sags uselessly. Every ounce of baby fat has melted off of my legs revealing muscles of steel, etched by miles, mountains, and propulsion. My dress is tattered. I'm filthy and I stink. My stride is all business, covering uneven terrain without difficulty.
    No, no one can think that I am anything but what I am: A100% pure*‪#‎Southbounder‬.
    Well, the lady can write.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

I want to make a comment about something she said, but I'd probably just get in trouble. You know, guys just being dogs and all...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    Although that's 21 calendar days to be clear.
    Which is 20 days of record...with the whole day zero deal.
    To be fair to Matt, Calendar day 22, trip day 21... he was 735 miles in.

So by that count Anish would be a mile behind.

Either way... close enough to call it close enough.
    Thanks for this Just Bill.
    I see Anish's posts on facebook and always wonder how many miles she's done in how many days. She seems very vague about this. I came here looking to see if she was close to the record, and you've provided the answer.

Her hike is quite different from Scott's constant updates or even Matt's daily(even if a day or two behind) updates.
    No fun for anyone trying to follow the record attempt.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Man Out View Post
    Here you go:

Attachment 31746
    Hahahaha. Awesome!

Images

Yesterday, she posted a pic at the Mason Dixon sign in PennMar Park. She is probably past or near Harpers Ferry by now.

Images

Anish's latest facebook post:

Anish Hikes

Drank water from a puddle last night.
    ‪#‎ToThirstytoCare‬*‪#‎MEGA15‬

Anish's latest facebook post:

"Drank water from a puddle last night."‬
    This woman is awesome!

Images

If she's into northern VA by now, she looks to be on pace for something in the 60 day range, maybe a bit better. Awesome stuff.
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

Good on her! I find her style to be more in line with my own than say Scott Jurek's, though no doubt his physical achievement is still crazy cool.

Images

She's probably going to make the fkt dood, she ain't messing around. Hard to tell but I guess she's neck on neck with MK, and given all the 40s on the pct... I considered that trail harder than the southern Appalachians. Ergo she could crush act 2. The west is her stomping grounds but hiking is life to her and she is proving her meddle.

But anyone else notice the lack of rain this summer? I wonder if she's regularly drying out.

Quote Originally Posted by Linesman View Post
    But anyone else notice the lack of rain this summer?
    The dry weather helped in NH as the 48 4000 Footer Direttissima was just completed in a record time of 8 days 8 hours and 37 minutes.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ aka Teej View Post
    The dry weather helped in NH as the 48 4000 Footer Direttissima was just completed in a record time of 8 days 8 hours and 37 minutes.
    I think 3 days, 14 hours, 59 minutes is the record for the 48 4000 footers of NH.

http://www.vnews.com/news/townbytown...fastest-for-48

Perhaps you meant to type 3 days, 8 hours, and 37 minutes? I am not familiar with the attempt you mention.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Images

Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    I think 3 days, 14 hours, 59 minutes is the record for the 48 4000 footers of NH.

http://www.vnews.com/news/townbytown...fastest-for-48

Perhaps you meant to type 3 days, 8 hours, and 37 minutes? I am not familiar with the attempt you mention.
    The new record is for an unsupported diretissima.
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

Quote Originally Posted by Linesman View Post
    She's probably going to make the fkt dood, she ain't messing around. Hard to tell but I guess she's neck on neck with MK, and given all the 40s on the pct... I considered that trail harder than the southern Appalachians. Ergo she could crush act 2. The west is her stomping grounds but hiking is life to her and she is proving her meddle.

But anyone else notice the lack of rain this summer? I wonder if she's regularly drying out.
    She has thru hiked the AT before so she knows what lies ahead. I haven't tried to track her pace but if she's on or near it the record is going down.
    Pain is a by-product of a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
    The new record is for an unsupported diretissima.
    That sounds more like a medical condition. Please consult a physician.

Images

Anish Hikes

I've reached the Sisyphean state, where my life merely 2 months ago is like a vivid dream now only vaguely remembered.
    My reality now is nothing but the walking, endless walking. 17, 18 hours a day. Every day is the same. Waking, walking, and when my legs turn to jello, blessed sleeping.*
    The only interruption to this cycle is the hourly beep on my watch reminding me to take in a small snack, just enough glycogen to carry me another hour.
    It is the time of the almost end, where even though the miles remaining dwindle steadily in chunks of 45 the glimmer of light at the end of this long, green tunnel never seems to grow any brighter.
    ‪#‎MEGA15‬*‪#‎VirginiaBlues

Images

Anish Hikes

I've reached the Sisyphean state, where my life merely 2 months ago is like a vivid dream now only vaguely remembered.
    My reality now is nothing but the walking, endless walking. 17, 18 hours a day. Every day is the same. Waking, walking, and when my legs turn to jello, blessed sleeping.*
    The only interruption to this cycle is the hourly beep on my watch reminding me to take in a small snack, just enough glycogen to carry me another hour.
    It is the time of the almost end, where even though the miles remaining dwindle steadily in chunks of 45 the glimmer of light at the end of this long, green tunnel never seems to grow any brighter.
    ‪#‎MEGA15‬*‪#‎VirginiaBlues
    It definitely seems like she has hit her stride. I sense a bit of confidence in the last few posts, more like some of her later PCT entries. If she is starting to throw down consistent 40+ miles days then the record(s) should be hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Malto View Post
    It definitely seems like she has hit her stride. I sense a bit of confidence in the last few posts, more like some of her later PCT entries. If she is starting to throw down consistent 40+ miles days then the record(s) should be hers.
    She appears to be having a splendid time regardless of how it turns out.

Since it also seems that this hike is, well, like a hike in the middle of the woods without constant real time updates and other non-sense...
    How about an interesting question to discuss instead?

If by chance Miss Anderson happens to succeed... Will she be the first person to hold an FKT on both the AT and the PCT? Or even any combination of LD trails?
    So... Horton comes to mind perhaps, as a possibility, but not positive on the timing (as in he held them both at the same time).

Certainly if successful she'd be the first to hold both unsupported honors regardless.

Anywho- continued best of luck to Anishinaabe.

Images

I'd call it the Grand Slam of long distance hiking

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++