WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Drug party near Kent AT

Too funny!!! @ atmilkman

Journal Entries
    Images

Agree with Slo-go em MYOB Try to get along with local folks. If uncomfortable hike on.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by greenmtnboy View Post
    Anything beyond marijuana. High end vehicles, weird noises all night, dealers talking about 400/oz stuff....Just do the math.
    Hey Math Wiz, I'm sorry.... but isn't $400/oz just about what decent weed goes for????? Consider taking up a different hobby.... long distance hiking is full of such little "adventures", and you obviously don't have the right attitude for such.

I think we should reroute the AT around that area if people are going to complain as AT hikers party. If the locals don't appreciate all that the entitled hiker has to offer, they should lose all the great benefits brought to those areas by said entitled hikers. Those areas will likely go bankrupt without all the great things being brought to them by hikers going through. I mean really! How does any good place survive without AT hikers?

Sarcasm alert. My post makes about as much sense as some of the other garbage I read posted about other areas that don't appreciate trouble makers.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Don't camp near roads. Pretty darn basic. Weed on the AT? Oh g*d please say it ain't so!

I'm still laughing to myself over the "hard drugs" that go for $400/oz...it's just so extremely naive. (no offense to the OP...it's good he doesn't know about such things...or watch TV or the news for that matter either I guess).

Images

I got to MT Algo shelter in winter once. Empty, but gear all over the place. Took my spot, then the local kids started to show. After some whispering, one kid came up to me and demanded that I leave because I was too old to be around the young kids. I chuckled at him, and he said they were going to carry on inspite of me.........fine Brenda! I the morning I woke their drunk hung over a$$es up. Told them when I was leaving...."if Brenda wasn't such a jerk, I might have shared!"

Images

Here are my drunk friendsDrunk Friends.jpg

Give him a break. There were vehicles present, I would have called too if people were leaving the party site and driving. Impaired drivers don't need to be on the road.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    Oops. By the title of the thread I thought it was an invite. my bad.

Me too haha

Quote Originally Posted by Dochartaigh View Post
    I'm still laughing to myself over the "hard drugs" that go for $400/oz...it's just so extremely naive. (no offense to the OP...it's good he doesn't know about such things...or watch TV or the news for that matter either I guess).
    lmao only good drugs going for 400/oz would be legal in many states nowadays...I expect this thread to be closed soon
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

you need some cheese and crackers with that whine. live and let live.

Registered User 2015 Lady Thru-Hiker's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Default Drug party near Kent AT

Why are so many people on here willing to push it all off on the locals?? There are "hikers" using hard core drugs on the trail and I know this having both been told by a "hiker" that they could hook me up and having been present in the area where the drugs were using used (in this instance acid) The users having warned the group of non-users after everyone had sent up camp for the night. Why does/should their right to party in a disruptive manner supersede my right to quietly enjoy the trail. As a solo female hiker I'm not comfortable confronting this situation nor would I have been comfortable hiking off into the night in order to escape them so I am not certain what the solution is. But from what I have heard they are some of the people involved in the situation that caused the place in Kent to get shut down recently. If I know this certainly others do as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ““Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees....” ― John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    You were probably illegally camped. Isn't CT a "designated site only" state?
    But...he needs to go talk to the cops in order to incriminate himself.
    Awwww. Fat Mike, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    You were probably illegally camped. Isn't CT a "designated site only" state?

$400/oz sounds like the going price for good weed in a rich town like Kent. Mind your own business.
    YUP! That's a weed price being verbalized...so I hear. I think you're way off base Greenmtboy jumping to incorrect asumptions especially on hard core drug use based on the limited info you shared.

Quote Originally Posted by AT Traveler View Post
    Lets see, rich town with several very exclusive private schools in and around it, a quiet and private cul de sac near on a river .
    At the beginning of the school year, no less.

I blame it all on those roughneck kids from New Milford.
    you left to walk the appalachian trail
    you can feel your heart as smooth as a snail
    the mountains your darlings
    but better to love than have something to scale

-Girlyman, "Hold It All At Bay"

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by QHShowoman View Post
    At the beginning of the school year, no less.

I blame it all on those roughneck kids from New Milford.
    I thought those New Milford would be busy hanging out in Tory's Cave.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

I didn't see any of the earmarks of a pot party; glowing pot cigs. and pipes, wafting pot smoke, coughing, etc.. I'm standing by my assessment that it was hard drugs; actually the state police asked me how did I know it was hard drugs? I said, what did you expect me to do confront the low lifes? And they said that was not your job to find out. I stayed in my tent, I did take down a bunch of plates and some pictures of the cars, and provided them to the cops. No I never used drugs myself; just saw too much wreckage from drug use. The whole scene of the druggies was weird, roughly 20 cars, initially I thought it was a group of hikers, then it dawned on me no way as I saw the coming and goings of those jokers. Of course the police are leery of doing raids, and people are hesitant to report this type of activity because of all the stigmas against whistleblowers.

Journal Entries

I did take down a bunch of plates and some pictures of the cars, and provided them to the cops.
    You earlier stated that "there were high end cars as evidence of drugs. Truth is high end or not that's not evidence of drugs. Then you're taking down tags. Wow, you're clearly in over your head. Not questioning your right to do so, just questioning the wisdom to do so.

Images

I didn't see any of the earmarks of a pot party; glowing pot cigs. and pipes, wafting pot smoke, coughing, etc.. I'm standing by my assessment that it was hard drugs;

and by your "assessment"----what other evidence of any drug use did you see?

sounds like the only illegal thing that was going on was your camping there...............

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++