Default Looking for female partner for 2016 NOBO thru hike

Hi! My name is Jordan and I'm planning on thru hiking NOBO on the AT starting around Feb 1. I'll be 20 y/o then and my parents aren't thrilled about me hiking it alone. Realistically, the only way I'll be able to go is if I hike it with someone, so I'm wondering if there's anyone out there looking for a hiking partner? I've wanted to do a thru hike of the AT since I was 12, but I'm a pretty inexperienced hiker. I'd be happy to go with someone of any experience level. I'm going to try and start out at around 10mpd or less and hopefully pick up the pace as I go. Anyone interested? Let me know!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think several girls around your age are going but a little bit later, maybe late April or early May. I think a lot of people will be out there, most usually go March 1st. That is when I am going. Typically the trail is very crowded in mid March, so most likely you will not be alone later on, but not so sure about the beginning of February.

Good luck and happy trails.
    Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself.

Images

Zimbabwean / Australian confirmed flights and landing in Atlanta 8th of March at 6pm odd, will buy last supplies on 9th of March and intend staying at Hiker Hostel in Dahlonega before starting out on NOBO thru hike on around 10th of March ..... any advice appreciated and if anyone wants to start out with me or will allow me to join and start with their group I would be over the proverbial moon ..... would love to leave footprints with some like-minded happy people.
    To Journey Without Change Is To Be A Nomad
    To Change Without Journeying Is To Be A Chameleon
    To Journey And To Change Your Life Is To Be A PILGRIM

Hey! I'm probably starting around March 1st and would love to touch base with some folks before hitting the trail. My parents would feel a lot better about this if they knew I'd have another female buddy for the first couple days. Anyone considering starting around this 1st? Or 29th cuz leap years are fun!

++ New Posts ++