WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Pads and Pillows?

I was looking for an ultralight pillow that might straps where I could attach it to my pad. Its always such a pain to keep it on my pad in the middle of the night.

Looking for a wide/short pad ultralight pad. I have a thermarest xlite small. I'm a side sleeper, and I pull my legs up, so Ive noticed I could even go shorter than this. I'm looking for something that's 48x25 inches that's still around 8 oz. Any thoughts?

Besides the zpack straps, any thought on something diy to keep two pads together? Maybe just spectra cord or paracord?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by phourgenres View Post
    I was looking for an ultralight pillow that might straps where I could attach it to my pad. Its always such a pain to keep it on my pad in the middle of the night.

Looking for a wide/short pad ultralight pad. I have a thermarest xlite small. I'm a side sleeper, and I pull my legs up, so Ive noticed I could even go shorter than this. I'm looking for something that's 48x25 inches that's still around 8 oz. Any thoughts?

Besides the zpack straps, any thought on something diy to keep two pads together? Maybe just spectra cord or paracord?
    Try googling cutting down a large xlite and you may find the answer. If you are of the right mindset and aptitude then you can have exactly what you are looking for.

ok, I did it for you.
    http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-...hread_id=67069

Two pads together vertically or horizontally?
    Vertically: a few well placed self-sticking Velcro dots. Or find Tipi Walter's method in one of his winter trip reports from 2014 or 2015.

Wayne

Sent from somewhere around here.
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

As for the pillow, my Sea-to-summit pillow has a fleece-like outer layer that doesn't slide too badly on my xlite pad. It could probably be enhanced by adding some strips of silicone seal on either the top of the pad or the bottom of the pillow or both. Then, there is always sticky velcro you could attache to both sides?
    I'm not lost. I'm exploring.

My Exped air pillow has two eyelets that will accept light elastic that would wrap around a pad.

Wayne

Sent from somewhere around here.
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Journal Entries
    Images

Big agnes makes some straps for two sleeping pads to be put together (think for a double sleeping bag). These may work for a pillow if you can play with em.

Their customer service rocks. Give em a call.

Recently bought a Nemo Nocturne sleeping bag and Love it ! It has a "built in" space to hold a pillow. I just deflate my air pillow in it (3 oz) and wrap it all up. I sleep much better without everything sliding around. You could do the same thing by sewing in a lightweight piece of cloth to your sleeping bag. Just a thought !

++ New Posts ++