WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by phourgenres View Post
    Any other durable wool socks besides Darn Tough?
    Point 6 are some of the better ones for durability, I think. Longer lasting than Smartwool, Icebreaker or REI's merino socks in the same weight. egilbe said they make the LL Bean branded ones, and I know that they also make First Ascent socks for Eddie Bauer(exact same as the regular Point 6, just with the FA logo).
    I use the midweight crews for work, plus have half a dozen pair each of the lightweight version and shorter midweight minis, but my feet vote Smartwool PhDs over anything else for hiking.

I rock the light hikers from icebreaker...latest version is amazing. I get them for $5 on STP when they run a sale.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I had to buy a pair of socks recently for use in boots and got Wigwam wool socks. They seem comfortable and appear to be holding up in the areas lesser socks tend to start getting threadbare. Anyone have any experience with these?

Unless Wigwams have changed lately, they are good work socks but I didn't find them at the same level as Darn Tuffs or smartwools for hiking . I expect like any company they can adjust the materials and production techniques to go upscale or downscale.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++