Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best sports bra

Default Best sports bra

Any opinions on the best bra for a thru hike? Especially if you're larger chested and have hiked distances, I would love your input. Planning a flip flop in 2016

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 4037T using Tapatalk

Journal Entries

I'm older than you by 15 years, but built similarly. I've given up on find the "best sports bra." I wear a sturdy supportive underwire while hiking. In camp, I go without, or wear a comfy sports bra.

I've never seen a bra that gives me the support and separation I need, while also being comfy for sleeping and lounging. Plus, after a day of hiking, it's sweaty anyway, so I will want to get out of it.

Makes sense, It's difficult enough to find a good bra. I'll stick with what I know. Thanks for the reply

My wife uses Under Amour brand.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed that is the only thing that ever has."
    - Margaret Mead, Anthropologist

I'm looking at the same problem and don't have an answer. I also don't have a regular bra I'm particularly happy with. I don't think my answer will be a sports bra, because I've never met one that I'd want to wear all day, but here's a review of DD+ sports bras I found, geared to runners, which I thought was interesting:
    http://www.runnersworld.com/running-...s-for-sizes-dd
    The bra I actually like best is a full bra that was built into a bathing suit tank top - lightweight, good material, ok underwire, quite comfy - and I'm debating whether I want to mess up a decent bathing suit, also hard to find, by cutting out the bra, or whether the suit top will actually work on it's own to hike in.

I'm thinking there must be something in a hi tech fabric. Thanks for the link!

I am bigger chested too and find this to be an issue as well. I hike in the thin spaghetti scraps sports bras not made of cotton but nylon, polyester and spandex. Basically the cheap ones at Walmart because so far I have not found any to give me the support I need but these at least are super easy to wash, I sweat a little less and they dry super quick if you safety pin them to your pack while hiking for them to dry.
    Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself.

Section Hiker

I have an Under Armour (from Sports Authority) and a Columbia (from Target) that are very similar. They aren't high-impact support, but have very flat straps (great under pack straps) and they are not racerback (they are tank shaped). Racerback straps bug my neck, and even make it sore/stiff. I wear one and keep the other dry for camp/sleeping. They don't separate well but are wicking fabric and work well for me. I can't do the really heavy duty spandex fabric ones, way too hot.

"Your comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there.
    "

Images

Moving Comfort has a nice line of bras... They also offer adjustable straps & multiple types of straps to choose from! It seems like there is a little something for everyone on the site. A little on the spendy side, but I personally have found it difficult to find other bras that I like. When I find the comfortable bra, I don't care how much it costs! The good news is that they are well made and worth the cost.

http://www.brooksrunning.com/en_us/m...t-sports-bras/

Thank you, I was surprised they made my size. I think I am going to order one.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat View Post
    Moving Comfort has a nice line of bras... They also offer adjustable straps & multiple types of straps to choose from! It seems like there is a little something for everyone on the site. A little on the spendy side, but I personally have found it difficult to find other bras that I like. When I find the comfortable bra, I don't care how much it costs! The good news is that they are well made and worth the cost.

http://www.brooksrunning.com/en_us/m...t-sports-bras/

Images

The adjustable straps are a definite bonus.

After searching and searching for a comfortable, supportive DDD bra, I finally took my daughter's advice.

"Mom," she told me, "Just put down the $65 and by a Victoria's Secret sports bra."

I bought the type that has a front closure and then the zippered closure over that. It is a perfect fit, supports well, is comfortable, doesn't give the hated "una-boob" and holds up to sweat well. A great value to get all that for $65. I believe it is called the Knock out bra.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VS always confounds me. They always have a line of something that I like for comfort for it's price. But once my bra size was past DD, they had nothing. Nice to see this is one notch bigger, but come on, don't they also cater to the women, who I really don't understand, who pay a lot of money to make their breasts larger? I'm really hoping this one fits me as they really do a good job for me for comfort, but their largest is right on the edge of potentially fitting. Do you know if they sell this one in their stores? Last time I checked my local store didn't have *any* bras that weren't padded to make one look bigger.?

LAZ, I bought mine in the store. I didn't expect to find one that fit me so well considering my previous experiences with poorly fitting bras. When I put it on, I never wanted to take it off. I have logged several hundred miles in it as well as strength training and high-intensity interval training. It is still as comfortable as that first moment. I am waiting for the next bra sale to buy another one just like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ordered the Maia from Moving Comfort. It just arrived and it feels great. I'm going to take it out this weekend. Maybe I've never been a runner because I didn't have a runners bra

I've been trying to find one too! I'm a 36 DD, and I really like the Ibex balance bralette, its super comfy and mostly merino wool which I like, but honestly not suuuper supportive. I ike it for everyday wear and camp. I really want to try their balance bra, as I think it'll be more supportive, but it's more expensive. I also really like my patagonia active mesh, which has skinnier straps so its slightly less supportive, but still supportive and super comfy. I also like patagonia overhead bra, more supportive and slightly less comfy but still comfy. They made a new one for this year that I don't like as much but maybe you will! I've also heard good things about moving comfort but haven't tried them yet.
    I hope this helps, and good luck!

See I think this too. So how's come I can never find my size in the store darn it? Those girls are all big breasted in their commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZ View Post
    VS always confounds me. They always have a line of something that I like for comfort for it's price. But once my bra size was past DD, they had nothing. Nice to see this is one notch bigger, but come on, don't they also cater to the women, who I really don't understand, who pay a lot of money to make their breasts larger? I'm really hoping this one fits me as they really do a good job for me for comfort, but their largest is right on the edge of potentially fitting. Do you know if they sell this one in their stores? Last time I checked my local store didn't have *any* bras that weren't padded to make one look bigger.?

I wear Moving Comfort bras on a daily basis and love them. They're pricey but worth it. Many running stores that sell them have people who are trained in bra fitting.

i prefer to hike braless but that is dependent on how many people are around and how comfortable I'm feeling about it that day. I'm still somewhat shy about it...but dang, it is tons more comfortable for me.

It sometimes seems finding a bra without padding and without an underwire is impossible.

I'm considering the Moving Comfort.

Images

Kind of late response. Brooks Moving Comfort, by far the greatest bra out there. Someone recommended it to me...I tried it and I never see myself with another sports bra.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++