WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Looking for section Hiking partner for day hikes in NY-MUST have a car

Hello! I am trying to finish up the NY NJ and Connecticut portion of the AT on weekends (possibly overnights as well) and I need partner who would have a car so we could hike to and from the nearest parking lot on the trail rather than having to loop back around to get back to my car as I have been doing ( It's EXHAUSTING doing it that way and I've made minimal progress.) I'm presently up to the Bear Mountain Area (started at Arden Rd) so I have ways to go. I'm not an experienced hiker by any means and I go pretty slow but I've been hiking a few years now and I can average btw 8-10 miles a day (and getting faster with practice). I'm 42 (but act way younger haha) and am in reasonably good shape. Please let me know if you are interested.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Shoot me a PM. I live in Manhattan, have a car, and I hike most weekends at least one day when I'm not working on special projects or traveling. I've also hiked this section several times and am familiar with many of the road crossings, parking areas, etc.
    2009 thru hike Blog ---- 2009 AT GA-ME, 2012 JMT, 2013 LT, 2016 AT flip flop, 2017 AT GA-ME

++ New Posts ++