WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by PatmanTN View Post
    I just made this same observation on Trailspace but this appears to be marketing spam:

http://www.trailspace.com/forums/beg...77.html#172745

Good catch. Thread should be deleted imo. Sorry I fell for it. (But at least I didn't click the link in the first post.)

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

I removed the first obvious spam message as otherwise it is an excellent thread.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Dochartaigh View Post
    I've been researching for 6 months where I want to travel to, and it's going to be to see the fjords in Norway:

I've never, ever, seen anything more beautiful.
    That top photo is effing amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    southern utah
    Some of the most awesome views I've ever seen, from Kolob Terrace Rd., uphill and north out of Virgin, Utah. Out of this world.

Quote Originally Posted by Dochartaigh View Post
    I've been researching for 6 months where I want to travel to, and it's going to be to see the fjords in Norway:

I've never, ever, seen anything more beautiful.
    I've been to the fjords. As beautiful as the pictures are, they don't compare to being there in person. Go.

Sent from my XT1019 using Tapatalk

In a phone conversation with the late famed mountaineer Alex Lowe shortly before he died in an avalanche he told me that the best place in Nepal was the valley one valley east of the valley that the Annapurna Sanctuary lies in.

Having already done some travel in that part of Nepal, I can only imagine the stunning landscape...

I hope to go there someday.

Journal Entries

Torres Del Paine is on my short list.

Outside the US...Germany during Oktoberfest, Ireland or Scotland, distillery tours! Iceland for sure someday.

In the US, did Alaska for 3 weeks this past August, but would go back in a second. Bonneville Salt Flats, to compete during Speed Week!

RUNT ''13''

Images

There are so many places to dream about. Of those mentioned here so far, Baffin Island (and Canadian Arctic), around Western China (Sinkiang, Pamirs, Tian Shan), Norway, Antarctica.

International Appalachian Trail in Newfoundland, Caucasus (if it gets safer), more of the Andes (been in Cordillera Blanca, Peru), Greenland, more former Soviet Union (Sakhalin, Altai, Siberia), Himalayas, ...

Old Hiker's idea of back in time 40+ years would make all this more feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by RockDoc View Post
    In a phone conversation with the late famed mountaineer Alex Lowe shortly before he died in an avalanche he told me that the best place in Nepal was the valley one valley east of the valley that the Annapurna Sanctuary lies in.

Having already done some travel in that part of Nepal, I can only imagine the stunning landscape...

I hope to go there someday.
    That would be the "Around Manasalu" trek.
    I did that one in '94.
    Yes, it was great.
    Mostly because no tourists.
    I think there are many there now.
    They've built a road all the way up to Muktinath on the Annapurna trek.
    So, that shortens it by about a week.

Around Dhaligiri is another awesome one.
    You can combine all 3 (Manasalu, Annapruna, and Dhalagiri and do it in a little over a month.

For me now: Myanmar is opening up.
    The mountain areas up in the Himalayas are still a grey area as there are a lot of tribal wars still going on up in there.
    But, always interesting to see a country before the tourist floodgates open.
    Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams

Thanks for that report, fiddlehead. Ah, tourists. It's getting so that to find somewhere good, we need to avoid anyplace that's mentioned on the web (in threads like this one).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++