WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default found tent poles south of rt 522

found today 11/22 --304 210 6342

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was an earlier post. Not sure where Rt. 522 is or if it has anything to do with this post:
    Today, 11:03 #1
    squeezebox

Registered User Join Date 11-13-2009
    Location St. Louis, MO
    Age 62
    Posts 1,987

Lost tent poles ??

I can't find the poles to my BA copper spur 2. I have not setup the tent since mid May. I might have left them on the trail. I left lookout point south of Waynesboro PA. and headed into the large rock field between there and Penn Mar park. I fell off a 3' ledge and tore my rotator cuff. I spent the night on a flatish spot. In the morning 3 hikers came by as I was packing up. They offered to help me back uphill to the lookout point. In my haste to finish packing I may have left my poles on the ground. The place was close to the top of the hill near lookout point at a flat spot where you make a sharp right turn to continue the rock field. I have a call to the B&B I stayed at the next night. I should have noticed on the bus trip home if the poles weren't strapped to my pack, or at the parking lot waiting for a ride for that matter.
    I'll keep cleaning house and looking, I have a small house not many places they could be.
    Thanks!

Thanks! I called BA and a set from a returned tent is $30. new $60. much cheaper than I expected. So there is an easy fix.

These were found near northern boundary of Shenandoah national park.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are so lucky! to get your poles back, back in May I took my 18 yr. old granddaughter backpacking on the MD AT and she left the poles to my BA fly creek 2. Two days after we got home I went to get the tent and noticed she didn't have them. They were lost between Annapolis Rock and Ensign Cowell Shelter where we set up camp. I drove 80 some miles back up there but they were gone. I thought they would be a small fortune to replace but BA gave me a pole sack and sold me poles and stakes for $63.00. Its great to see you got your poles back.

++ New Posts ++