Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Looking for a NOBO hiking partner for 2017

Hey all!

I know this is a little early to be asking, but I was wondering if any other female hikers out there are planning on a NOBO thru-hike in 2017?

I would like a partner to at least start out with on the trail as it would make me and, more importantly,my family a little more comfortable. As of now I plan on starting in early March.

My name is Morgan and I'll be 21 by the time I start my hike!

Default hi

I am not sure what I am doing yet but I am doing it in 2017..was thinking of a flip flop. ..sounds more effective to me...the odds are better to finish that way...keep me updated. ..

ME! I'm looking for someone as well. I will be 24 at the time of the hike. Email me [email protected]

FYI, on Aug 21, 2017 a total eclipse of the Sun will occur over the US, starting in the Pacific NW near Salem, OR and finishing near Charleston, SC. Thus, it will cross the AT in northern GA, and parts of TN and NC. If you can time your hike accordingly, you will be able to witness this rare celestial event on the AT. Good luck on your hike!! For further info, check the following websites: http://www.greatamericaneclipse.com/ and http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEgoogl...21Tgoogle.html
    136 contiguous miles of MD + rocky PA-AT down, but 2042 miles to go

I plan on March 2017 start as well. I will be slow though, I'm 60. I doubt a young person like you would be interested in starting off together but I will post my start date on WB when I know it and you are welcome to join. My 31 year old daughter might come with me but I am planning as if I were alone.

Hi, I saw your post and am planning a NOBO at more or less the same time. I'm 64 but in very good shape. I've never done a thru hike but have done wilderness hikes on my own. I've been looking around for company and I saw your post. Thanks, Cindy

Hi there. I am also planning a 2017 thru. I'll be 27. I don't know that I want a partner, maybe just someone to start off with. Email me if you want.
    [email protected]

I am also planning a NOBO in 2017. Solo for most of it. I know from my sections hikes that it takes me 7--10 days to get my legs under me, although I'm hoping to get myself in good enough shape to decrease that time. I figure I will average 8 miles/day for the first five, and be able to make 12--15 regularly by the third week. We'll see. Sounds like there may be a few of us starting out around the same time next year

Images

Glad to see some other ladies my age looking to start a NOBO thru hike in 2017. That is my goal as well right now. Saving and planning. Hoping to leave the 3rd week of March to be have time to enjoy the hike and not be rushing to finish before Baxter closes. My plans are slow for the first 3 - 4 weeks to prevent injury and settle into the trail. I look forward to seeing you on the trail. Maybe come next year at this time we can all reconnect with our specifics.

This is so awesome to see so many solo woman stating next year. I plan to thru hike the AT next year but haven't decided if I will start NOBO or do a FLIP FLOP. I am also doing Long Trail this August If anyone wants to join me.

Wow! Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Dynamite~ View Post
    I plan on March 2017 start as well. I will be slow though, I'm 60. I doubt a young person like you would be interested in starting off together but I will post my start date on WB when I know it and you are welcome to join. My 31 year old daughter might come with me but I am planning as if I were alone.
    Thanks! I wouldn't mind starting out together if our start dates end up matching up

Hey Morgan, I'll be 23 when me and my lab mix start our hike in march 2017! I'd love to hike with you!

Hey Disco.....I did some section/bingo hiking March3thru10,2016 in the Fontana area. I made reservations for Aug. 2017. the Brown Fork Shelter will be on the edge of the path of totallity for the eclipse......just sayin.....
    There are wonders out there, now to find them.

To tell you the truth the PCT in Oregon will have the best view of the eclipse.
    There are wonders out there, now to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by cheymor View Post
    Hey all!

I know this is a little early to be asking, but I was wondering if any other female hikers out there are planning on a NOBO thru-hike in 2017?

I would like a partner to at least start out with on the trail as it would make me and, more importantly,my family a little more comfortable. As of now I plan on starting in early March.

My name is Morgan and I'll be 21 by the time I start my hike!
    Hey! I'm also planning to start NOBO at the end of march 2017. I'll be 23 at this time. You can email me [email protected]

Hi Morgan!

I'm planning a NOBO thru-hike in 2017 but probably started a little early (end of Feb) since I sort of have a deadline when I need to be done hiking. I'll be 23 when I start. I would love to chat sometime! Maybe we'll cross paths on the trail!

Hi...yep I'm starting to plan for next year. Although I live in Australia so my thru-hike will depend on getting a 6mth tourist visa. Should be alright, I have been to the US before and all had gone well. I'm 44 and thinking I would like to start out with someone potentially, however was looking at traveling solo. That said, I want to hit the trail open to new and different experiences and challenges. Undecided when to start out at the moment ��

Hey!
    I am also planning a NOBO thru next year and I would love to start with someone or a group, if possible. My family is also not too happy about me travelling alone. I'm shooting for a mid March start because I need to be back for school in August. I have a decent amount of backpacking experience, but I don't want to rush the whole experience. I'm also planning to hike a few more sections on the AT this summer, if anyone is interested in tagging along for those. I will be 28 for the 2017 start. Feel free to pm or email me: [email protected]

I am proud to be among all of you strong, confident women. 2017 is going to rock!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++