Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Im Bailee! I am 17 ( ill be 18 by start time) and I am still pretty new to backpacking. I would like to start with someone, but not necessarily be attached to them for the whole trail. I will be leaving pretty soon after graduating high school (early) and my parents really would like for me to at least start with somebody. Feel free to message me !

Hey ladies! I am also planning a NOBO thru hike for 2017, starting mid March, weather and finances permitting. I will be 28 when I start, (possibly) bringing in the last year of my 20's on the trail in September. Hope to see some of y'all there!

Hi Dynamite

I plan on starting a section hike in March of 2017. I am 67. I like hiking solo but would love company from time to time and would like to start off with other (s). I will be slow and am sure as when I start something I finish it. I plan on 100 to 125 miles for this section before my husband or son picks me up. I would also entertain doing a flip flop and traveling south.....still researching and planning...I am at the gym most everyday exercising and lifting weights and walking. Plan on losing a bit of weight before March. I am so looking forward to this trip. And am still researching gear for this trip. my email is [email protected] and my facebook page is Sandra Morgan Walker.

Parisiluv
    (Sandra)

Quote Originally Posted by ~Dynamite~ View Post
    I plan on March 2017 start as well. I will be slow though, I'm 60. I doubt a young person like you would be interested in starting off together but I will post my start date on WB when I know it and you are welcome to join. My 31 year old daughter might come with me but I am planning as if I were alone.
    Hi Dynamite,

I answered your post and it ended up at the end of this page. Please scroll down and read it. I am new at this. My email is [email protected]

Thank you,
    Parisiluv
    (Sandra)

Hi everyone! I'm also a solo female NOBO hiker. I plan on starting around late March and I'll be 29 by then. So excited to have so many other solo women hikers out there!

Hey everyone! I'm reading through these, but my name is Tuck and I am planning on starting as early as possible from Springer Mountain Spring 2017. I have the same issue with my family being uncomfortable, though I have hiked alone before, and would love someone to at least start with and go from there! Currently looking at all these posts, but feel free to pm me or email me as well ([email protected]). Thanks!

Hey! I'm also looking to start a little early, more towards the end of February. I'll be 22 when I start, and I live outside of Atlanta! Email me if you'd like at [email protected]!

Oops that was supposed to be specified at someone, but I'm new to this website and I have no idea how this format works!

Quote Originally Posted by sarahardith View Post
    Oops that was supposed to be specified at someone, but I'm new to this website and I have no idea how this format works!
    Right click on the persons name and a bunch of options come up. From there you can do a private message.

A lot of these posts are pretty old so plans might have changed. The farther out someone says they plan on doing something, the slimmer the chance of it actually happening. So many people start every day from the end of Feb to the beginning of May, hooking up with others when you get there is never a problem.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by FeistyNZChick View Post
    Hi...yep I'm starting to plan for next year. Although I live in Australia so my thru-hike will depend on getting a 6mth tourist visa. Should be alright, I have been to the US before and all had gone well. I'm 44 and thinking I would like to start out with someone potentially, however was looking at traveling solo. That said, I want to hit the trail open to new and different experiences and challenges. Undecided when to start out at the moment 😊
    G'day Feisty, If you are like me they'll give you the option of a 5 year visa, only cost $25. Means you can make as many trips as you like, but no longer than usually 12 months at a time. Booked and starting 12th March.
    "He was a wise man who invented beer." Plato

Hello!! My name is Bethany and I will be 22 when I start the trail in 2017! I cannot figure out how to post on this website but I am going NOBO and plan to start in February so I can possibly finish in Early July. So if your plans change and you decide to start in Feb, I am looking for a female to at least start the trail with

Hello! I'll also be 22 and am looking to start mid February to avoid the crowd that will start in March, plus I love the cold weather of the mountains.

Hi, I'm also looking for someone to thru-hike with in March. Oh yea, I'm older too. Sounds as though no one will be alone...which is great.

Default Starting in mid-late May too

Quote Originally Posted by cheymor View Post
    Hey all!

I know this is a little early to be asking, but I was wondering if any other female hikers out there are planning on a NOBO thru-hike in 2017?

I would like a partner to at least start out with on the trail as it would make me and, more importantly,my family a little more comfortable. As of now I plan on starting in early March.

My name is Morgan and I'll be 21 by the time I start my hike!

I thought I posted this awhile back, but I'm Jaci (Jackie) and I will be starting about the same time because I have to wait for my boyfriend to get finished with school. I'm only hiking for two months and am starting to consider hiking south from Harpers Ferry and hoping to make it to the start, versus my original plan of NOBO-ing it from Georgia to the middle. I'm hoping to see a few more people on the trail this way. My family would be much more comfortable with a partner for me though. I'm 27 and am pretty athletic, but this will be the first time hiking long distance. Let me know if you want to try to figure something out. My email is [email protected]

Hi ~ I'm even older than you and I'm always looking for older hikers for next year. Is there anyway to keep track of each other? I haven't decided whether to attempt NOBO from Georgia or even if I'll hike the entire trail. If you're interested, friend my facebook page Lora Davis (Grand Junction, Co). I don't follow the forum often - should follow it more. I don't quite know how to manage all the threads and keep track of those I like.

Hey!!!!

I know you posted this awhile ago, but if you are still looking for a partner.. so am I! My partner has decided to go back to school these next two semesters and.. now I am partnerless. Im the same age as you! I will be 21 by the time I start my hike in march. I'm not weird, I don't smell, I'm pretty awesomely average! and kind of desperate. Let me know! email me [email protected]

HELLO I am 62 and I am in practice now for the thru hike in March. [email protected]. please please ladies me too looking for partner slow or fast I just wish to enjoy and not rush thru it. I have a lot of time to do this. All that are interested email me please to make plans. Love love love it.

Quote Originally Posted by jjozgrunt View Post
    G'day Feisty, If you are like me they'll give you the option of a 5 year visa, only cost $25. Means you can make as many trips as you like, but no longer than usually 12 months at a time. Booked and starting 12th March.
    Got my visa approved and will be starting April 16...see you out there

Hellp everyone, just adding myself to the list of people starting mid-March and hiking solo, but open to the idea of starting with others. Can't wait to be on the trail!

Oops, that was supposed to be a *Hello. Still getting the hang of things around here! I also forgot to mention I'll be 25, turning 26 on the trail.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++