Images

Default the Best of Big Cypress

After your adventure in the wilderness, stay on Tamiami Trail eastbound until it turns into Calle Ocho (8th Street), the aorta of Little Havana. You will be starving hungry so go into one of the Cuban restaurants and order paella ("pa-ey-a"), which is a fabulous Spanish dish with rice and lots of delicious seafood. They will probably ask for a deposit first, which is customary. Wash it down with Cuban espresso then for dessert have a mamey batido, which is a Cuban milkshake made from a tropical fruit unknown in cold climes. Also try the amazing pastries made from guava and cream cheese. Ahhhhh... On my first visit I had lengua, since I had no idea what anything was. It was cow tongue. Maybe you should skip that one.

Quote Originally Posted by manzana View Post
    After your adventure in the wilderness, stay on Tamiami Trail eastbound until it turns into Calle Ocho (8th Street), the aorta of Little Havana. You will be starving hungry so go into one of the Cuban restaurants and order paella ("pa-ey-a"), which is a fabulous Spanish dish with rice and lots of delicious seafood. They will probably ask for a deposit first, which is customary. Wash it down with Cuban espresso then for dessert have a mamey batido, which is a Cuban milkshake made from a tropical fruit unknown in cold climes. Also try the amazing pastries made from guava and cream cheese. Ahhhhh... On my first visit I had lengua, since I had no idea what anything was. It was cow tongue. Maybe you should skip that one.
    Ha.... I just got back from Miami a few hours ago...The cuban food is the only good part about going to Miami....Versailles is my favorite!! Churrasco steak, moros rice and sweet plantains washed down with Cuban coffee!!! I ate it two nights in a row.

Havana is also a great Cuban restaurant in the west palm beach area...open 24 hours and close to i95.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Images

Your picture is what I used to dream about at 7 mile camp. BTW, I used to hike BC in the winter;the best time. Some of the trails were white sugar sand under about 2 inches of cold water. Invariably I would stub my cold toe on a little cypress knee under the water. That hurt so bad I got steel-toed safety shoes which made the whole experience much better.

++ New Posts ++