WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: smart phone

Quote Originally Posted by jefals View Post
    .......................I've had problems with Verizon customer service, so I stay with AT&T.
    Amen. We had Verizon landline and internet at the house and their customer service was BAD. When I got a smartphone I went with AT&T just to avoid having to deal with Verizon again. AT&T has given me excellent customer service and I have had no problems with their network. I can't speak to the trail specifically but in traveling from Maine to California I have not had cell service problems.
    If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Default verizon.

I have a note 3 with Verizon and 2g data. 50 per month. I also have att dsl internet service which gives me access to wifi hotspots. Have only had a couple issues with no service from Florida to Michigan to Montana and Oklahoma. I think that cost is about the same when compared to service.

Images

200 min air time
    500 text msg
    500meg 4g data TOTALLY FREE
    freedompop.com 1-800-995-7402
    Have an unlocked phone it cost $.99 fee to connect
    OR you can purchase a phone, iphone 5 is $169. Many other choices.
    If this is to limiting for $10.99 a month you get unlimited air and text and still only 500 m data.
    SO if U do not want to be someone that only looks at their phone and HAVE self control, and pay attention to your usage this may be for U.
    If U plan to live on the phone do not even consider this plan.
    I have no affiliation with this company and am just providing this to throw in the mix.

NOBO toBennington, VT plus 187 mi in MH & ME
    Images

Another Data Point:

I had Virgin Mobile for years. It's a no Contract phone that uses Sprint Towers. There were always places where I had no coverage, but I always had coverage some part of every day (IIRC). I kept it because it was $25 per month, grandfathered rate) The data part was always slower than Verizon or ATT. There are many prepaid providers. These days they start at $35 per month. You must do your homework to get the best for you package.

I now use Cricket, a prepaid service on ATT towers, in order to get faster data. It cost me an increase of $7 per month.
    Grinder
    AT hiker : It's the journey, not the destination

Registered User dudeijuststarted's Avatar
    Images

AT&T service was pretty much non-existent for me in ME, NH in 2014... Picked up a Verizon phone and was jammin...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++