Default Clothes for starting in Georgia

Hi. I am planning to start at Springer Mt. the 2nd. week in April. Living in Minnesota, I would know what to take for clothes. I am totally lost with what I should take for Georgia. Would people be so kind and give me ideas? I am 62 yrs. old and hate being cold. Go figure, with me living in Minnesota!

I would plan on the possibility of it being cold, in April you cold see close to freezing conditions.
    It may not get that cold and will probably be decent in the day time, but I would give a good look before going to get a decent guestimate.

Images

Take clothing that you can layer/delayer as needed. I started the second week of April, I'm from NH and was very comfortable in:

1 short sleeve icebreaker wool t-shirt
    1 long sleeve quarter zip Smartwool top
    rain jacket
    down puffy

1 pair running shorts
    1 pair mid-weight wool baselayer tights
    1 pair rain pants

fleece hat
    light weight gloves
    buff neck gaiter

3 pr. socks
    3 pr. underwear
    sports bra

This might be considered minimal clothing by some, but I can wear as little or as much of that clothing in layered in various combinations - even all of it at once if I have to. There were only a few mornings that I had to wear almost everything, but I spend plenty of time outdoors in New England in the winter. Once you're moving, you'd be surprised at how warm you get and can stay. It is when you stop that you'll cool down.

If you run a bit cold, an extra top and bottom baselayer in heavier weights could be a nice addition - they can be still be layered with all the other pieces. A fleece vest also is nice to keep the core warm, without extra bulk in the arms. These things can also be sent home when the weather warms up.

This is what works for me. It might or might not work for you or anyone else, but at least gives you some ideas.
    LT 2013, AT NOBO 2015, MSGT 2016, PCT 2017/2018

I also get cold really easily and my layering system is similar to MamaBear's:

1 pr Capri leggings (I detest shorts)
    1 pr thermal fleece leggings
    1 Frogg Toggs rain pants

1 short-sleeved wicking t-shirt
    1 long-sleeved wicking t-shirt
    1 thermal fleece baselayer
    1 puffy
    1 Frogg Toggs rain jacket

Knit hat
    Fleece gloves

2 pr socks (plus an extra pair for sleeping)
    2 pr underwear
    1 sportsbra

Images

Mama Bear's list would match mine except for the sports bra I would also bring light shell mitts and a 3oz wind shirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ken B
    'Big Cranky'
    Our Long Trail journal

We are leaving on Sunday (4/3). Temps should behind 60's during the day and low 40's in the morning. We are layering with tank top, shirt and jacket. We live here. Be prepared for high pollen. If you have allergies, make sure to pack those meds. Pollen counts have been in the 2,000's. You all had snow and we had pollen.

++ New Posts ++