WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default WTB: CT Guidebook

Planning a CT hike for summer "16... for planning purposes, I'm wondering if anyone has a CT Guidebook they'd like to sell before I go and order a new one? TIA!

FYI there's a new edition (9th) for 2016, not quite available yet so anything that you'll find used will be the out-of-date 8th edtion..

Quote Originally Posted by hikeandbike5 View Post
    FYI there's a new edition (9th) for 2016, not quite available yet so anything that you'll find used will be the out-of-date 8th edtion..
    Yes, I'd wait for the new addition because it will include a description of the Collegiate West route.

Now if you'd also like to read a narrative of a CT thruhike......

The CT data book, 5th edition has the "new" Collegiate West side incorporated. The Colorado Trail Foundation is out of stock, but I got it at REI. It's not as detailed as the Guide, but will give you a good idea of route, elevations, and water sources.

I too am planning a clockwise loop beginning at Twin Lakes late July. I was planning to mail a resupply to Mt Princeton HS, Monarch Ski Area, and was going to drop a food cache at Cottonwood Pass. Ideally would like to keep food/fuel load to a minimum and still stay on the trail.

Anybody see an issue with dropping an ammo box and retrieving after completion?

Also open to providing lift to out of state folks from Denver

Actually, there is new trail in the recently released 6th edition of the Databook, all of which is in the CW.

Databook 6 already available including at CT Store. Guidebook 9 still under construction, has a hopeful shelf date prior to Summer.

++ New Posts ++