Journal Entries
    Images

Default What "pocket atlas" to carry?

Has anyone carried Paul Bodnar's "pocket PCT"? What are your thoughts? Any better small pocket guide books to use?
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

Been hiking the PCT for 20 years. Never heard of the "Pocket Atlas" till today. Searched it on Google and saw it for sale on Amazon. It looks informative. The only question I would have is; how does it sync with what ever maps and other data you may use. I pretty much use the "Halfmile" maps and data. That way I know everything matches.......(for instance the water reports and Yogi guide both match the Halfmile maps and data as well). The other map/data sets such as PostHoler and Eric the Black use a slightly different set of mile markers (last time i used them). These maps and data are great also! But, I'm just stuck in my ways and use HalfMile! - StarMan

Check out Erik the Black 's guidebooks. By this spring he should have 2 more sections available which will take you to Ashland I believe. I have used his first 3 guidebooks as well as his guide for the Colorado Trail. I highly recommend them.
    Lonehiker (MRT '22)

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by lonehiker View Post
    Check out Erik the Black 's guidebooks. By this spring he should have 2 more sections available which will take you to Ashland I believe. I have used his first 3 guidebooks as well as his guide for the Colorado Trail. I highly recommend them.
    I'll check Eric's book out. I loved his JMT pocket atlas for my 13' & 14' JMT whikes. That book was why I starting looking for a PCT atlas
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

++ New Posts ++