Default Any ladies doing a NOBO flip flop from HF a the kickoff?

I finally have a date for leaving work. I can start as early as April 1st, but don't want to start in the GA madness. I'm starting alone, and want to avoid the crowded party scene, but still have enough company to be social. So I'm leaning towards starting at the kickoff in HF, where I can meet people and be a part of a smaller 'bubble'. Anyone else have similar plans? I've talked to a couple of ladies but everyone seems to be doing a traditional NOBO from Springer.

I will be starting NOBO just north of HF sometime after the kickoff. My husband and I will be camping at the opening of Big Meadows campground in Shenandoah National Park the last week of March. We have hosted in the park before and he will be helping out and doing some fly fishing. I will slackpack the park at the time. I have done this before. I will also be doing day hikes between SNP and HF and as weather permits some 2-4 days hikes. This way I hope to have a some of Virginia done before I head NOBO. I'm planning to take off the first week of June for visit with my 5 grandchildren then continue NOBO where I left off. I then plan to head SOBO from wherever I stopped in VA in Sept. after a late August visit with my grandchildren.

Awesome!
    I think between April 1st and the Kickoff I'll be doing sections in Virginia too, perhaps with friends & family. I've got family in the Lynchburg VA area willing to shuttle me around a bit. Maybe I'll run into you!

I hope to do some 2-4 day hikes between Daleville and Rockfish Gap, so maybe we will run into each other. I've hiked a lot but don't have backpacking experience so I need to do do some shakedown hikes.

Sweet! That's how I did it! Started June 5 and summitted Katahdin Sept 15. Started back at HF Sept 19 and summitted Springer Dec 7. By flip-flopping, you automatically increase your odds for finishing the trail. Cool!

http://appalachiantrailclarity.com/2...e-comfortable/

I'm a 28-year-old female starting NOBO flip-flop from Harper's Ferry the weekend of the kick-off. I'm sure there will be plenty of us that start together!

++ New Posts ++