WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Best pop tarts?

Strawberry Pop Tarts are the ONLY Pop Tarts.

GA-ME 2011
    Images

I ate a pack of Cinnamon Brown Sugar with frosting every morning during my thru. Always kept them in the box.
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

Quote Originally Posted by tiptoe View Post
    Yup, so true. When I returned from the Little Debbies hike, I craved sugar for about 3 weeks. I was pretty surprised, but I didn't give in, since I realized what was happening. It's not a big deal to eat this sort of thing while hiking, but scary when you think that sugary stuff is such a big part of the typical American diet.
    For some folks....i.e. people of Wal mart!! It's just a normal part of their diet...scary! Wonder why there are so many fat Azz people in the USA....go to Walmart after dark scary!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GA-ME 2011
    Images

Of course lunch was M&M Peanuts. Seemed like I was eating half a pound a day and still loosing weight.
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

Quote Originally Posted by perdidochas View Post
    You can cook instant oatmeal in the packet. The only real time involved is the boiling of the water.
    True, but then you have - oatmeal - which is bland, tasteless and disgustingly glue-like to me . I wish I liked - oatmeal - but no amount of doctoring with brown sugar, raisins, or whatever makes it palatable to my taste buds.
    If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Unfrosted cinnamon and brown sugar for the win.

Best sugary high calorie breakfast of all time though is Morton honey buns- too bad they don't make em anymore.
    morton.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by George P Burdell View Post
    Unfrosted cinnamon and brown sugar for the win.

Best sugary high calorie breakfast of all time though is Morton honey buns- too bad they don't make em anymore.
    morton.jpg
    That's one thing I liked about pop tarts was they weren't as sticky and messy as Honey Buns, though you did have to deal with the tart mash in the later supply days.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBob View Post
    True, but then you have - oatmeal - which is bland, tasteless and disgustingly glue-like to me . I wish I liked - oatmeal - but no amount of doctoring with brown sugar, raisins, or whatever makes it palatable to my taste buds.
    Try adding warm water to old fashioned oats, then it will be bland, tasteless, but not glue-like.

I knew a thru hiker named Nature who had massive amounts of pop tarts shipped to her all along the trail in 2009. She ended up ill and spent time in the hospital.

Oddly enough- I didn't eat a single pop tart on my thru. Or honey bun. But as a kid I liked the brown sugar one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++