WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 22 flavors of Pop Tarts. Can you name them?

Just saw a new TV commercial on Pop Tarts.
    During the ad, it was mentioned they have 22 different flavors.
    Most hikers eat the ubiquitous tarts. I know I do, but; I surely didn't realize they made that many flavors.
    Can any one name all the flavors -good luck!

enriched flour (wheat flour, niacinamide, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate [vitamin b1], riboflavin [vitamin b2], folic acid), sugar, dextrose, vegetable oil (soybean, palm, cottonseed and/or hydrogenated cottonseed oil† with tbhq and citric acid for freshness), corn syrup, whey, cracker meal, high fructose corn syrup, cocoa, contains two percent or less of cornstarch, cocoa processed with alkali, salt, leavening (baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, monocalcium phosphate), modified corn starch, mono- and diglycerides, sodium stearoyl lactylate, gelatin, dried egg whites, datem, partially hydrogenated soybean oil†, modified wheat starch, xanthan gum, natural vanilla flavor, caramel color, soy lecithin, calcium phosphate, color added, niacinamide, reduced iron, vitamin a palmitate, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin b6), riboflavin (vitamin b2), thiamin hydrochloride (vitamin b1), folic acid.

Thanks, you just ruined what I thought was a healthy thru hiker breakfast.
    Strawberry,cherry,brown sugar... Help me out WB.

Why do the food Nazis think that they will put people off Pop Tarts by pointing out that they are not "all natural"? Your time would be better spent growing your sprouts, cooking your non-GMO whole grains and drooling over tofu.
    If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBob View Post
    Why do the food Nazis think that they will put people off Pop Tarts by pointing out that they are not "all natural"? Your time would be better spent growing your sprouts, cooking your non-GMO whole grains and drooling over tofu.

I don't eat any of that, except maybe non- GMO. I garden and eat a lot of greens after they sprout and produce more nutritious mature plant or fruit. I like my whole oats and fresh baked bread that has only flour water salt and yeast for ingredients. Soy?

Aren't all poop tarts about the same? That is all I meant to say in my above post.
    I stand for truth in advertising. I want to know what I'm spending my hard earned money on, if it is worth the risk and what benefit I'm getting. I'm not falling for what ever the corporate machine wants to shove down the throat of the masses. Get in line, eat hardy wash it all down a high fructose corn syrup drink.
    What flavor?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Halfblind View Post
    Just saw a new TV commercial on Pop Tarts.
    During the ad, it was mentioned they have 22 different flavors.
    Most hikers eat the ubiquitous tarts. I know I do, but; I surely didn't realize they made that many flavors.
    Can any one name all the flavors -good luck!
    I guess you should have put this in straight-forward.

with twenty two flavor you could mix the silvery packages up and get a surprise every morning.

i cheated.
    image.jpg

Images

*sigh* This was meant to be a fun game, not a lecture on nutrition.

I seem to remember there were only a few flavors of Pop Tarts when I was a kid. Surprising to hear they are up to 22 flavors! What's the new flavor?

Pop Tarts are not on my normal menu, but I ended up having a S'mores Pop Tart last summer. Tasted a lot better than I expected. As for the list of flavors I'll give it a shot, but know I will not come anywhere near 22!

Cherry
    Raspberry
    Blueberry
    S'mores
    Chocolate
    Peanut butter?
    Cinnamon

That seems to be about the extent of the list I can create. Good luck to the next person!

Does Strawberry and Frosted Strawberry count as one or two?

Lighten up people!

Anyone remember when John Belushi was training for the Olympic decathlon and what was on his breakfast table?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat View Post
    *sigh* This was meant to be a fun game, not a lecture on nutrition.
    I disapprove of any kind of fun.

Had a friend in college who was very upset because his mom sent him strawberry Pop Tarts, but not the strawberry Pop Tarts with the sprinkles. So, at one point in time there were at least two strawberry versions, but that was last century. It was kind of amusing to see this big burly guy whining because he didn't get his sprinkles.

Journal Entries
    Images

These little tarts are cute:
    Plaid is fast! Ticks suck, literally... It’s ok, bologna hoses off…
    Follow my hiking adventures: https://www.youtube.com/user/KrizAkoni
    Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alphagalhikes/

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Puddlefish View Post
    I disapprove of any kind of fun.

Had a friend in college who was very upset because his mom sent him strawberry Pop Tarts, but not the strawberry Pop Tarts with the sprinkles. So, at one point in time there were at least two strawberry versions, but that was last century. It was kind of amusing to see this big burly guy whining because he didn't get his sprinkles.
    Well, I guess his day just wasn't complete without his strawberry Pop Tarts w/sprinkles!

I now have a visual of hikers curling up in fetal position on the sidewalk because the store just sold the last of their favorite Pop Tarts. Maybe a soft whimper escaping their starving lips...

Well, I guess his day just wasn't complete without his strawberry Pop Tarts w/sprinkles!

I now have a visual of hikers curling up in fetal position on the sidewalk because the store just sold the last of their favorite Pop Tarts. Maybe a soft whimper escaping their starving lips...
    They need to learn that sprinkles are only for winners.

how many times do you have to say white flour, HFCS, sugar, unhealthy oils, and artificial cr@p?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    Lighten up people!

Anyone remember when John Belushi was training for the Olympic decathlon and what was on his breakfast table?

"Little chocolate donuts" everyone knows its the breakfast of champions.

Eat Your Own Eats (EYOE) I eat healthy at home, and while on the trail can afford and allow myself to indulge in MSG and HFCS laden products without concern. If PopTarts ran for president, I'd vote for Frosted Strawberry or Brown Sugarn Cinnamon

Quote Originally Posted by chknfngrs View Post
    Eat Your Own Eats (EYOE) I eat healthy at home, and while on the trail can afford and allow myself to indulge in MSG and HFCS laden products without concern. If PopTarts ran for president, I'd vote for Frosted Strawberry or Brown Sugarn Cinnamon
    no way, frosted strawberry voted against super sizing the happy meal last year, and brown sugar won't give up his passport.

What? There's no love here for the cookies and cream? Hard to go wrong with cookies and cream anything.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Puddlefish View Post
    They need to learn that sprinkles are only for winners.
    When I read this I almost choked on my coffee! I had this visual of Jack Nicholson screaming, "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE SPRINKLES! SPRINKLES ARE FOR WINNERS!"

Images

When I read this I almost choked on my coffee! I had this visual of Jack Nicholson screaming, "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE SPRINKLES! SPRINKLES ARE FOR WINNERS!"
    Agree completely. I'm glad I wasn't drinking coffee because I might have choked myself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++