WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default I need a gear shakedown! *Video*

Hello everyone! I'm doing some trekking in Colombia on three separate backpacking trips. I need recommendations on gear that I should replace or suggestions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trip 1: Los Nevados National Park. The altitude is probably somewhere from 6,000 ft to 13,000 ft and temperatures probably around 20 at night at high elevation to 60 in the day at low elevation. I'll be there around 5 or 6 days.
    Trip 2: Chicamocha Canyon. The altitude is much lower but not exactly sure the feet. My guess is somewhere from 2,000 to 4,000 ft. Temperatures will be around 70 at night at high elevation to probably around 100 in the day at low elevation at the Canyon floor. I'll be there around 4 or 5 days.
    Trip 3: El Cocuy National Park. This will be high altitude and where I plan to do some mountaineering. Hiking altitude will be somewhere from 12,000 ft to some passes maybe reaching 15,000 ft. The temperatures will be hovering around freezing in the day to probably low teens at night. The mountaineering portion will be up to 17,000 ft and includes glaciers but isn't technical, and all that specific climbing gear will be rented from my guide (the summit is the only guided part). I will be here at least 10 days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByN-XttEbWw

If you are going to Columbia, I'd recommend an FN-FAL and a few spare magazines as well, though an M16 would be a lighter option.

++ New Posts ++